Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I've Got The GREATEST Neighbors In The World!!
wdmmom 06:53 PM 05-09-2012
We moved into our home a little over 3 years ago. The family next door has twin boys my step-son's age. I've noticed them getting older and bigger over the years and mentioned last summer to the mom that if she ever wanted to sell their LARGE, WOODEN swingset to let me know, I'd be interested!

Well, long story short, the tree in their back yard split and was on the verge of splitting further and taking out our living room. They quickly let us know that they called tree services in the area and winched it to keep it together in hopes it wouldn't fall.

My neighbor came over last night to tell me that the tree would be gone today. And, while she was at my door, she told me she had talked to her husband and said that if we had a way to haul the swingset, it was mine, free of charge!

Talk about a SCORE!!!

I my neighbors!!!
Breezy 06:55 PM 05-09-2012
Woo!!!! Thats so wonderful!!
Blackcat31 08:46 PM 05-09-2012
Wow!! That's awesome!!!

You should have the kiddos make a thank you card for them.... What nice neighbors!!
Kiki 08:48 PM 05-09-2012

Lucky! And I def agree-have the kids make a thank you card for it, I'm sure they'd love that!
We lucked out and got one for free off of Freecycle, I almost fell off of my chair when I got the email back saying 'Come and get it!' hahaha.
Christian Mother 08:50 PM 05-09-2012
Ohhh my goodness!! That is sooo awesome!!
Meyou 03:38 AM 05-10-2012
Yay! They sound like wonderful neighbors. Enjoy!
Kaddidle Care 03:52 AM 05-10-2012
Wow! Responsible AND giving! Time to bake some cookies!
AfterSchoolMom 06:24 AM 05-10-2012
Wow, that's awesome! My neighbors would probably have the tree people cut up the swingset before they let me have it. You're fortunate to live in a good neighborhood!
CheekyChick 06:28 AM 05-10-2012
That is SUPER great!!!
Reply Up