Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Moving Forward
dave4him 03:55 PM 05-26-2012
Quickly to sum up. I currently have my own three kids and my two year old niece. I had a two year old boy who was coming back in Feb. His guardian found a new job and needs for him to come back now. I also have another two year old with coming in June who is through Cherokee Nation support. Then i have an 8month old girl whos mommy is in college during the afternoons and needs someone to watch her. That would put me at my max, and actually require me to get some part time help till my daugther starts kindergarden in Aug. Now this is awesome providing everything works out with all three of the new kids coming in. MY only issue now is my current part time eve and weekend job. How do i tell them and when should i tell them that i cant do both anymore. There is no way i could handle the extra kids as well. Any ideas and advice would be great. The kids all start between now and June 4th. IM excited, and nervous all rolled into one!
MizzCheryl 04:33 AM 05-27-2012
Wow thats great. I am so happy for you.If you can afford to go ahead and give notice do it and take a break. But if money is tight you might wanna wait to make sure everything pans out. Sometimes people back out on you. I would haet to give up the job and then the kids not start.
Hopefully your pt employerer will be happy for you.
Sugar Magnolia 03:27 PM 05-27-2012
I delivered pizza at night for 6 months when I first opened. Yep, I was tired, but I didn't quit until I was super sure I had enough enrollment to quit. Get full first, then quit your night job. I would overlap being full and working at night for a month. It won't kill you. It didn't kill me. I worked 8am to midnight for 6 months. Man up!
Also: I AM THRILLED TO HEAR YOU ARE GETTING CLIENTS!! YAH DAVE! I am rooting for you 100%!
dave4him 04:01 PM 05-27-2012
Feels like i already am Do need to make sure everyone sticks!
CheekyChick 06:25 PM 05-27-2012
Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

I would hold onto the job until you're SUPER sure they all attend. If they do, give your two week notice and be really, really tired for two weeks. Lots of coffee will get you through.
mema 07:32 PM 05-27-2012
I agree with the others. Wait until you have them in house before giving notice-things can happen between now and then.

Congrats on all the kiddos!!
Unregistered 06:47 AM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I delivered pizza at night for 6 months when I first opened. Yep, I was tired, but I didn't quit until I was super sure I had enough enrollment to quit. Get full first, then quit your night job. I would overlap being full and working at night for a month. It won't kill you. It didn't kill me. I worked 8am to midnight for 6 months. Man up!
Also: I AM THRILLED TO HEAR YOU ARE GETTING CLIENTS!! YAH DAVE! I am rooting for you 100%!
Best Advice I have read so far---- love it.

Congrats!!! Looks like your going to be sticking around for a while now- glad to hear.

Get ready because your in for a ride. Prepare because it is an up and down field. Take a wait list now, should something happen you can refer to it. Keep your PT job, even if you ask to have your hours lowered- it will be great to fall back on if you need it, plus having the interaction with Adults will be a plus after staying home all day with the kiddo's. Nice little outlet for you. Again Congrats, your hard work is starting to pay off
saved4always 12:30 PM 05-30-2012
Congrats! That is great news! I, too, would wait until I was sure all the kiddos were going to stay before quitting the other job. I know I don't have to tell you how things happen in this biz. Once they all seem settled, I would give my notice on the extra job.
dave4him 12:42 PM 05-30-2012
Thanks
Well this is the first week with little J back, he was here for a month before his Aunt got laid off. Now shes back to work so hes back here. Fits in just fine. Its the other two i should be getting next week which make me nervous. Will see how it goes, another two year old and an 8 month old. They are afternoon only. Going to just hang in there for a couple weeks see if can pull off doing both.
Tags:potential families
Reply Up