Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>30 Day Probation?
wdmmom 06:05 AM 08-15-2011
I am considering handing out a 30 day probation letter to one of my families.

Is this common? Or have any of you done anything like this?

Here's some background:

DCM and DCD aren't together. DCM drops off everyday and DCD picks up every Wednesday and Friday. When DCD picks up, it's 30 minutes later than if DCM were to pick up.

DCM has been dropping off all over the clock. DCG is suppose to be here at 745am but comes anywhere between 740am and 9am. I've already told DCM that if DCG is going to be late, I need a phone call or text. She was good about and now she just shows up whenever with no call or text indicating she is going to be late.

DCG has shown signs of aggression lately. Signs include: pulling hair, pinching, sitting on children, and hitting children.

I've addressed the issues with DCM and she tells her to "be nice" and said most recently that she's been putting her in time out on the couch. (REALLY
?! The couch...as in...in front of the tv?! Yeah, that certainly qualifies for a time out! DUH!)

She also screams this horrid high pitched scream if she doesn't get her way, she only naps for about an hour and the latest issue I've had is DCM will drop her off wearing jeans and come pick her up wearing work clothes.

I feel bad that I am giving notice but half way through my day, I'll be reminded why I don't want to have to do this anymore.

Any suggestions?
Tags:discipline - notifying parent, discipline plan, notice, probation, probation - length, single mom excuse
Up