Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yes...I Am Closed Friday!!!
busymommy0420 05:50 AM 11-19-2012
I have put it in my contract, I have put it in my newsletter, I have posted it on my private daycare facebook page, I have sent a text message to all parents...Why did DCM (who I have worked with for 19 months) ask if I was open Friday this morning???? What do I need to do to get these parents to READ what I send them? Am I wasting my time with the newsletters?

OK...Vent over!
AfterSchoolMom 06:12 AM 11-19-2012
I honestly think she DID read it, but is hoping that if she puts you on the spot that you'll change your mind.

I used to put a sign in HUGE RED letters on my front door, too...and still got asked all the time.
shelby 06:12 AM 11-19-2012
yea, they may want you to be open so they could spend there day off shopping... parents these days.. they just don't want to parent!
nanglgrl 01:12 PM 11-19-2012
So, are you open Friday or not? I had the same thing happen. It's on my website, my Facebook page, the door and in the contracts they signed a month ago. Maybe I should just make things more simple and start posting something like this:
ME CLOSED THANKSGIVING AND DAY AFTER. YOU PAY. CLOSED MEAN YOU NO BRING CHILDREN. PAY MEAN YOU GIVE ME SAME MONEY!
youretooloud 01:14 PM 11-19-2012
It's probably more of a "how serious are you about this four day weekend?" kind of thing, more than not having read it.

You know... this morning, I stumbled out to my kitchen and said "Is it Monday?" Because one can only hope.
Reply Up