Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Will You Vote On Election Day or Were You an Early Voter?
Voted Early 21 61.76%
Vote on Election Day 10 29.41%
Not Going to Vote 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Will You Vote On Election Day or Were You an Early Voter?
Michael 02:07 PM 11-02-2020
Just a quick poll for Election Day to see the numbers. Supposed to be 100,000,000 that voted early.
Cat Herder 02:39 PM 11-02-2020
Humor me, please.

Why does anyone wait until election day?
284878 02:55 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Humor me, please.

I am not sure. But some insist on it. I got approved for absentee ballot when I open the daycare. 4 years ago our state voted for no reason absentee ballot so then we signed up my husband. Some may find a hassle with signing up for absentee or having to remember to send it back taking the time to send it back. I on the other hand hated standing in the cold rain for hours and then waiting to get inside the building. I couldn't vote absentee there would be times that I would not vote.
Cat Herder 03:38 PM 11-02-2020
Once I learned that you could check the status of your absentee vote online I was cool with it. I am still curious if you can see who you voted for to check it was recorded correctly. If it is recorded wrong what is your recourse?

I am a tad bit () of a control freak when it comes to my responsibilities. That is why I vote in person, early.
Michael 03:46 PM 11-02-2020
Humor me, please.

I would want Election Day to be one day only. Knowing who is the winner that day. I think this election could show us why making an election possibly weeks or even months longer would show why one works better than the other. People were voting even before the second debate, which never happened. Which made the third debate even more important.
Cat Herder 04:18 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
I would want Election Day to be one day only. Knowing who is the winner that day. I think this election could show us why making an election possibly weeks or even months longer would show why one works better than the other. People were voting even before the second debate, which never happened. Which made the third debate even more important.
Hmm. Very good point. Thanks.

Could, maybe, making the first day of early voting the day following the last debate work, too? Mandatory.

I just can't imagine some of our larger cities having everyone out on the roads at the same time. As someone who also works public safety, that thought makes me cringe with dread.
MyAngels 07:05 PM 11-02-2020
I'll vote tomorrow. I usually vote by mail but got lazy this year and didn't request a ballot. The early voting lines were long and I would have had to go downtown here which is a parking hassle. My polling place is a block away with plenty of parking
Bluemoon5 07:31 PM 11-02-2020
My state sent out mail in ballots to everyone. Mail it in, drop it in a secure dropbox, or bring it to the polls on election day. Easiest, most stress-free voting ever. Limited polling locations, only paper ballots there anyway, so no real reason to wait.
DaveA 07:28 AM 11-03-2020
Voted this morning.

I don’t know if it means anything but previously I took DCKs with me (obviously that didn’t happen this year ). I was usually in the number 30-40 of votes counted. And I was voting alone or there was usually only 1 other person voting. This year I went 2 hours earlier than normal, was vote #134, and there were several people voting or waiting their turn to vote.
DaveA 07:30 AM 11-03-2020
Humor me, please.

Several years ago we had a candidate pass away literally a couple days before the election. Situations like that are why I wouldn’t vote till the day of.
Tags:election 2020, poll
Reply Up