Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Wow. What a Afternoon

So as you know, I had been having alot of issues with one daycare family, about raising rates and all. Well, this afternoon the dcd comes in, and he is like, well this will be the last day they come here, and out of my mouth, I was like yeah I figured. I also reminded him that he owed me the last 2 weeks of childcare, because he didn't give me ANY notice.

So he goes about threatening me, Telling me he is going to call my HOA ext ext. I was like well, you can call them, I have already told them about my childcare. Then I ask him, well since ya'll have decided to go somewhere else, what is the reason, because he kept saying that it wasn't because of the raise. Well he kept raising that his wife was uncomfortable ext ext ext. Can someone please answer me the question, if you felt UNCOMFORTABLE to send your children somewhere, why did you continue to send them until Friday? Ah, the balls of this man to threaten me in my home and then tell me after all that I have done for them over 8 plus months, that they are uncomfortable for their kids to be here. Mind you, this is the same family that I bus their daughter to school, and have to put 2 toddlers and an infant in the car every morning. Ugh, I am so mad right now, I could scream. What have people come to these days?

Last edited by Michael; 11-18-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

On a side note, Thank the lord, I have needed to push to stay completely before/after school and at least now, I don't have to get my child out in the cold to take their kid to school. Good riddance!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

Good riddance! I agree. We don't need that kind of aggravation. Maybe have a 2-week deposit for your next family. It will pay for the 2-week notice period and you won't have to have the discussion.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Sounds like you are better off without them. Why people sign contracts if they don't agree with the terms I will never know. Hopefully your days will now be smoother!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't think you could pay me enough money to drive a child to school. All the time spending packing every one up and getting every one out. YUCK. Not to mention if you live where it is cold and snows. It takes me 20 minutes when everything is going good to get the kids ready to go out and play outside in the winter. Don't want to to it to go into a car and drive for a 1/2 hour and messing with all of those car seats.
I'm a firm believer in things happen for a reason. Weather its immediate or years down the road.

Tags
threats, two week notice - not