Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Itty Bitty Tiny Babies
queenbee 12:40 PM 12-06-2011
I'm getting a 4-week-old baby boy in care next Monday. He's tiny and beautiful and squishy and he gurgles and he smells so freakin' good!

I've never had an infant boy before - only ever girls so I'm especially excited to get to snuggle with him .

His parents might not get him back
KBCsMommy 01:02 PM 12-06-2011
I itty bitty tiny babies!!!
mismatchedsocks 01:12 PM 12-06-2011
Aw just met one of my daycare kids ( well dad is laid off, but hoping they will come back!) brother. He is 1 day old. He was so small. Awwww
Michelle 01:13 PM 12-06-2011
I love it!
the youngest I ever got was a 6 day old.
Mom had a car payment and couldn't take any time off.
I loved it!
Country Kids 01:38 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by queenbee:
I'm getting a 4-week-old baby boy in care next Monday. He's tiny and beautiful and squishy and he gurgles and he smells so freakin' good!

I've never had an infant boy before - only ever girls so I'm especially excited to get to snuggle with him .

His parents might not get him back
How sweet!

Just make sure you can have him in care. Our regs say not younger than six weeks.
sharlan 01:43 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I love it!
I loved it!
My youngest was 3 days old. Her brother was 2 wks when I got him.

I love squishy babies and I want one so bad.
youretooloud 01:54 PM 12-06-2011
FOUR weeks! How sweet!!!!! I love them at that age. They are so perfect and snuggly.

My youngest was three days old, and the next youngest was ten days old. I loved it!
Breezy 02:16 PM 12-06-2011
I have a 4 month old starting on Saturday. She was born as 28 weeks though so shes itty bitty and should be 7 weeks. Im excited!
Texasjeepgirl 06:21 PM 12-06-2011
I love it!
I loved it!
Omg.. I got one of those too...
mom was a former client.. older sibling was in school.. she 'thought' she had another ...nearer-to-her- home provider lined up..then at the last minute she discovered provider left the kids at home alone...with her older children.. while she drove trash to the rural dumpster up the road from the house...
This mom gave birth on Monday.. went home from hospital on Wednesday.. contacted me...and said.. I can't be a stay at home mom.. I'm going stir crazy... brought baby girl to me on Monday.. she STILL had umbilical cord.. and.. I got inspected that week by Child Care Licensing..
Licensing Rep asked for her shot records.. I said. Hello. this kid is 1 WEEK OLD..

Michelle 06:37 PM 12-06-2011
I actually wasn't even sure we could take a baby this young, 6 weeks is the custom, I thought but apparently not.
Cat Herder 06:53 PM 12-06-2011
I actually wasn't even sure we could take a baby this young, 6 weeks is the custom, I thought but apparently not.
I remember the wording changing from "6 weeks" to "birth" about 5 years ago on our training guides.

They like to make the changes one word at a time, but with a whole different meaning and consequences for us....
Christian Mother 07:36 PM 12-07-2011
me 2 me 2!! I have a 6 wk old starting Dec. 19th!!! I have his older brother and he started when he was 3 months!! I can't wait...I watched him a couple times already when he was 3 wks!! He is ashually a pretty big guy at 12 pds almost 13 and he isn't even 3 months yet...he's 1 month and 5 days...big boy!!
sahm2three 08:56 PM 12-07-2011
I just got a new baby Monday. He is 9 weeks old. So snuggly and squishy and wonderful smelling! YUM! Nothing better for stress relief than to snuggle a newborn!
Nellie 09:39 PM 12-07-2011
When I got pregnat with my 3rd child summer was ending. I had a couple of girls leaving for kindergarden. I was pretty under the weather. My mom and sisters would come and stay with me while daycare was going on. I was starting to get nervouse that the 1st trimester sickness was going to turn in to a all semester sickness as with my 2nd child. It had lessened, but sitting on the couch was about all my energy would allow and a few sprints to the bathroom for all day vomiting. School was starting up in a few weeks and my mom would have to go back to teaching and my sisters would be back in school. That week 2 of my moms were laid off. They both had 2 children in my care. One had untill the end of the week and the other had a complete 2 weeks. I was kind of relived because then I could just focus on my 1 year old son and my self, but was bummed about the income. I didn't want to advertise feeling so awful. Later that week my sister called and wanted to know if I'd be able to take care of her 4 week old baby. My son actually was only 10 months at the time now that I think about it and I was watching a little girl that was the same age. With the other ones I had I didn't have room for my sisters baby. I think it worked out great for every one. My sister was able to pretty much get nanny care for her baby. She was put at ease that some one she trusted and loved was watching her baby. I was able to make a little money sitting on the couch holding the baby while watching my son play. I could lay on the floor with the kids when the baby was a little older. It was great. Then to top it off if I was able to get the baby to sleep when my son took his afternoon nap I was able to check my niece out of daycar and it was her Aunt watching her and we all would sleep. The pack and play was in my bedroom so my son and I would lay down in my bed and we all would nap. The napping part wasn't a daily thing, but it worked out on some days for a little while.
Tags:boys, infant, love babies
Reply Up