Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Limited Time Offer
Cat Herder 08:43 AM 01-03-2012
Attention Daycare Provider as your final bonus, your return from vacation will be accompanied by such golden oldies as:

"I hate your face!!!"

"Shut up!!"

"I want pop tarts!"

"How much do I owe you?"

And

"Do you mind if I pick up late?"

Wait!!! There's More!!!

As an extra special reward for the last year of faithful service you will also be given the opportunity to discuss the illness and attendance policy ad nauseum!!

Congratulations on your awesome achievements and be sure to tip your waiter (it is his birthday after-all.)
Blackcat31 08:47 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Attention Daycare Provider as your final bonus, your return from vacation will be accompanied by such golden oldies as:

"I hate your face!!!"

"Shut up!!"

"I want pop tarts!"

"How much do I owe you?"

And

Wait!!! There's More!!!

As an extra special reward for the last year of faithful service you will also be given the opportunity to discuss the illness and attendance policy ad nauseum!!

Congratulations on your awesome achievements and be sure to tip your waiter (it is his birthday after-all.)

Hope you had a great New Year's!

...and got most, if not all of your CDA stuff taken care of....
Cat Herder 08:59 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Hope you had a great New Year's!

...and got most, if not all of your CDA stuff taken care of....
I had a Great New Year!! Thanks Hope you did, too.

I even registered for the QRIS here..... You'd be proud.

Making the transition from a "Child Care Provider" to a "Provider of Early Child Care and Education" has been a struggle... but it is coming along pretty well, now.

I just have to survive the re-training week from the DCK's (and parents) return from backup providers.....

It seems undercutting and offering exceptions to every rule imaginable is becoming an advertising strategy of newer providers here. Poptarts as a substitute for lunch if a 2 year old prefers it...really?
Blackcat31 09:20 AM 01-03-2012
I just have to survive the re-training week from the DCK's (and parents) return from backup providers.....

It seems undercutting and offering exceptions to every rule imaginable is becoming an advertising strategy of newer providers here. Poptarts as a substitute for lunch if a 2 year old prefers it...really?
I hear ya about the re-training!!

As of the new year, I am no longer serving breakfast. So this morning a family I have had for several years now (lives about 3 blocks away) pulls in the driveway. I can see them on the surveillance camera. They sit there without getting out for almost 20 minutes. I am like maybe finishing up breakfast . So dad and dcg comes in and I say, adjusting to the new breakfast rule and finishing in the car? Dad says "no, she was watching a movie and I had to let her finish it!"

Ariana 09:35 AM 01-03-2012

Or how about "my daughter went to so many Christmas parties she's now so overtired she's having tons of accidents"
Cat Herder 09:43 AM 01-03-2012
BC, I have two that do the movies in the car thing... Still wondering how many screaming tantrum fits parents have to endure to realize that just talking to them (instead of toys, food, movies etc that they have to take away) makes for a MUCH better morning routine.

The seeds they sow now WILL continue into the teen years. I LOVE my travel time talks with my teens.

Ariana, I had the reverse.... Mine are back in diapers WITH their very first diaper rashes....

Ahhh...vacation.....
laundrymom 10:29 AM 01-03-2012
I hear you guys!!! I have one describing in DETAIL pig butchering. Joy!
Cat Herder 10:33 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I hear you guys!!! I have one describing in DETAIL pig butchering. Joy!
OK, you win....

You will have lot's of explaining to do to the other parents very soon...

Sorry to laugh...but it is a bit funny.
laundrymom 10:50 AM 01-03-2012
Lol I just told him not to include any blood or guts parts. Lol. Of course I'm fully expecting a call from my vegan family tonight. Lol.
Meyou 11:30 AM 01-03-2012
Hahahahahaha! I'm laughing so hard...with you...always with you.

I had one show up with a dehumidifier in hand because DCG had a little cough, one didn't know he was suppose to be here until I called with a diaper reminder and one who spent 15 minutes telling me about how his truck shopping has been going.
Cat Herder 11:57 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Hahahahahaha! I'm laughing so hard...with you...always with you.

I had one show up with a dehumidifier in hand because DCG had a little cough, one didn't know he was suppose to be here until I called with a diaper reminder and one who spent 15 minutes telling me about how his truck shopping has been going.
"...has a Little cough"...... Funny how that sends chills down your spine at the beginning of a work week.
pfund2233 11:59 AM 01-03-2012
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat Herder 12:03 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

I did mention I have 3, yes, 3 parents with birthdays today.....

Retraining and art projects, by the seat of my pants, on my first day back, oh yeah.....

Tomorrow is going to be a breeze, though.... I can feel it!!!
CheekyChick 02:30 PM 01-03-2012
LOL!!! That is hilarious!!!
PitterPatter 05:24 PM 01-03-2012

"I hate your face!!!"

"Shut up!!"

"I want pop tarts!"

"How much do I owe you?"

And

Wait!!! There's More!!!

That's great!!
C'est la vie. 06:30 PM 01-03-2012
AWESOME. LOL. Too funny. Luckily I have a great group right now and have had NONE of these today.
Hunni Bee 06:21 PM 01-04-2012
They're behavior has actually been pretty great, I've had one time-out in two days.

But I've also had:

- tons of fevers, stomach aches/diarrhea/gas, hunger (??) and over-tired-ness

- cases of no coat, no hat, no socks, no undergarments in 18 degree weather

- showing up in dirty outfits from the day before

- parents storming in during naptime ripping their child off the cot and shouting that a "fungus" the child had on his body (under his clothes) somehow came from us

Which confirms the fact that some of the poor kiddos are parenting themselves.
Tags:funny, happy new year
Reply Up