Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Got A Complaint
Unregistered 01:44 PM 10-03-2011
I had a falling out with an ex employee who decided to make false accustations to licensing. Licensing did their investigation and said they can't prove it, so no sitation but will stay as a complaint on my record. Does anyone know how long that stays on your record. It was false and now if a parent calls to check if I have any complaints it shows I was accused of intimidating and pinching a chail!!! WTH! What can I do???
Michael 08:50 PM 10-03-2011
Sorry to hear that. We have some TAGs on the bottom left of your thread with other posts that may help you. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...plaint+-+false
mom2many 09:22 PM 10-03-2011
Sorry to hear this happened. It makes me so annoyed to hear about a falling out and bogus complaints being filed.... sorry to hear this happened to you! Unfortunately it'll be on your record, but I can speak from experience and if these are truly and genuinely false, then it will not deter clients from using your services.
Unregistered 08:55 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Sorry to hear that. We have some TAGs on the bottom left of your thread with other posts that may help you. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...plaint+-+false
How long does the complaint stay on my record? I don't see how I'll ever get kids again even though it's inconclusive.
Crystal 06:39 AM 10-07-2011
Permanently, in most states. But it will so that it was unfounded, if that helps.

Worry not.....you simply explain the situation to any prospective clients. If you are honest with parents about it, they'll appreciate it and it won't likely matter to them.
Unregistered 01:26 PM 10-10-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Permanently, in most states. But it will so that it was unfounded, if that helps.

Worry not.....you simply explain the situation to any prospective clients. If you are honest with parents about it, they'll appreciate it and it won't likely matter to them.
I'm in California..permanently???? How on earth can that be?? This is really going to hurt me.
Crystal 07:05 PM 10-10-2011
Like I said, simply explain the situation. I don't think it will hurt you. Honestly, (and sadly) I think the vast majority of parents never call to find out if there have been complaints.
Childminder 07:42 PM 10-10-2011
In Michigan only substantiated complaints are posted on your record.
MarinaVanessa 12:40 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm in California..permanently???? How on earth can that be?? This is really going to hurt me.
I'm in California also and yes complaints are permanently on your record however you are worrying about it way too much. Anybody can tell you that most accusations and complaints are made either by disgruntled clients or employees. It isn't uncommon for an angry client or employee to make accusations that aren't true just for the sake of retaliation. That's why they have an ivestigation. That's also why they have different conclusions to the investigations.

If your ivestigation came out to be inconclusive it should NOT be a problem because you are not found "guilty" so to speak. If a potential client should call licensing to ask about your daycare and they mention this complaint they will also let them know that it was inclonclusive. When you meet with this parent and they ask you about it you can explain that it was disgruntled employee. That is that, no need to worry. Also I'm not sure how it is in your area but in my area potential clients hardly ever call to check up on the daycare (scary thought).
Michelle 01:14 PM 10-11-2011
this is sooo true,
Parents never call licensing, even if they do all licensing will say is they have to come to the office to read your record and it's all the way in Pamona.
At least this is how it is here in socal.
I always keep my lic reports in my files and offer for parents to read them and they wave me off and smile and say "no way! I know my child will be fine here."
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Most of the time, just being licensed is good enough for parents. I know if I had to use daycare I would definitely check because they allow people who have been arrested to get a license as long as it wasn't a crime against children . Providers are suppose to tell parents but there is no way for licensing to know for sure they did.
MarinaVanessa 01:55 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
this is sooo true,
Parents never call licensing, even if they do all licensing will say is they have to come to the office to read your record and it's all the way in Pamona.
At least this is how it is here in socal.
I never really knew how it worked to actully find out information about a daycare. I never had to do `it myself. The first daycare that my daughter attended (befor I did daycare) was a friend of mine but she watched her before she ever became licensed so in essence she just expanded. The next daycare my daughter attended was another long-time family friend that could take my DD to and from pre-K so I already knew her.

Im in Ventura County and I'm curious now if that's what they do here also? I just assumed that parents had to call our regional office (Santa Barbara) and just ask and that they would be told over the phone about a daycare. I'm going to call licensing and act like I'm a parent and ask about information about my daycare . Now I'm curious.
Michelle 02:02 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I never really how it worked to actully find out information about a daycare. I never had to do `it myself. The first daycare that my daughter attended (befor I did daycare) was a friend of mine but she watched her before she ever became licensed so in essence she just expanded. The next daycare my daughter attended was another long-time family friend that could take my DD to and from pre-K so I already knew her.

Im in Ventura County and I'm curious now if that's what they do here also? I just assumed that parents had to call our regional office (Santa Barbara) and just ask and that they would be told over the phone about a daycare. I'm going to call licensing and act like I'm a parent and ask about information about my daycare . Now I'm curious.
I've always wanted to do that, just didn't want to "rock the boat" lol
I love it that they only come out every 3 years, I am always ready for them and have always had perfect visits, it's just my stomach does flip flops when they are here.
I asked a lic. rep if someone can inquire over the phone and she said "no".
Crystal 02:23 PM 10-12-2011
They do inquire over the phone here, will give info over the phone and will also mail the onfo to the parent. At least they did before budget cuts....I know they will still give info over the phone, just don't know about mail. If there are alot of complaints they will recommend coming into the office to view the file.
Tags:appeal, complaint, complaint - false
Reply Up