Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Is this Weird...

My husband and I found a nice big house but the layout for the daycare might be odd. I need your opinion. It's a two story house and the second story doesn't have two compliant exits so it can NOT be used at all for daycare. So, the main floor is the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. So I would have to make the living room into the playroom. Upstairs are all 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, utility room, etc. Since we would have to utilize the living room downstairs as the playroom we would use the really large bedroom upstairs as our living room. Would this be strange? Should I even worry about what it would look like to other people?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I think it could work. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do to make things work and survive in this world. The only time I think it might not work is if you have company and they may have a hard time going up and down stairs.

Question, is it an eat in kitchen so you wouldn't have to use the dining room for eating? Can you turn the dining room into the dc room or living room? There are ways to camoflage the dc stuff, I am pretty good at it. My family room is my dc room. I have the couch kind of divide off the space in the back. I keep the high chairs in the dining room.....I dont have a designated dc room.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpa0627 View Post
My husband and I found a nice big house but the layout for the daycare might be odd. I need your opinion. It's a two story house and the second story doesn't have two compliant exits so it can NOT be used at all for daycare. So, the main floor is the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. So I would have to make the living room into the playroom. Upstairs are all 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, utility room, etc. Since we would have to utilize the living room downstairs as the playroom we would use the really large bedroom upstairs as our living room. Would this be strange? Should I even worry about what it would look like to other people?
It could definitely work because that's exactly what we did! My living room and dining room are the playroom. Unless you are a person who frequently entertains guests, I think it would work just fine for you. Like mac60 said, we gotta do what we gotta do!

And if you are worried about what it looks like to other people then you have the wrong kind of friends
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM

This is what I use for storage in my family room. I actually have 2 of them that I use. You can get so much stuff in them, and I don't have to see it after hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02614a.jpg (26.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02615a.jpg (41.4 KB, 19 views)

Tags
floorplan, storage