Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gave The Pacifier Back...After 2 Months Without It
MNMum 11:10 AM 10-01-2012
...ughhhh. You may remember me talking about a dcg I take care of who's mother had a very difficult time taking the bottle away. At about 18 mos old I told her I was not going to continue with bottle. She was getting 5-6 bottles per day at home and refusing to drink milk out of the sippy. Would drink water beautifully. We finally ended up putting a little bit of chocolate in the milk and then she complied. Finally mom shows up one Monday about 2 mos ago and says, no more bottles or pacifiers, we stopped this weekend. I was surprised about the pacifier, but okay. Dcg did great. Fast forward 6 weeks or so from then, mom shows up with dcg and there is a pacifier in her mouth. "She found a couple of them in the bottom of her bag." I stand there dumbfounded, did not say anything. Mom walks away, I take pacifier out of her mouth and put it back into her bag. Child was fine without it. Every day since then, arrives with pacifier, same routine, I put it away. This kid loves naptime, always lays right down and goes to sleep. Now she is crying for her pacifier. I had to move her into a separate room from the rest.

Obviously this mother is not ready to let go of her "baby". I think she will be an only child. I think the longer they wait to take away the pacifier again, the worse it will be. Would you say something to the mother about this, or let her live out her fantasy.
Up