Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Storing Blankets/Pillows

How does everyone go about storing the blankets and pillows?
Old 12-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Home Daycare Provider

each kid gets their own cubby basket in a storage shelf: http://www.target.com/p/room-essenti...#prodSlot=_1_1 . I don't have pillows though. One kid used to bring a pillow-pet and it folded up and was able to fit in the cubby basket. They keep their sheet, blanket and extra set of clothes in these cubbies. Each kid also gets a reusable bag with their name-tag on it, which they hang on a row of hooks by the door (also where they hang their jacket and lunch box) - and they use these bags to take their bedding home once a week to be washed.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

I put each child's blanket, pillow and sleeping bag in an extra large, labeled Ziploc bag to keep them separate from everyone else's and then store the bags in a large plastic bin in a closet.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-Hea...-4-ct/14089250
Old 12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I have the kids bring sleeping bags. One of the choices for regs in my state. They can't touch each other. I wanted simple. I bought cheap pop-up clothes bins at Wal-Mart for around $2.50 each. Sl. Bags and pillow just slip right in. I have enough room for these. Very Easy peasy!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Each child has a cubby and their blanket is stored there. Blankets never go home because I want to know they have been laundered properly in clean surroundings.

I have done this for several years now. I got tired of blankets smelling of vomit and pee being brought back and forth to daycare....ugh!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More threads on storing blankets: https://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?t...age+-+blankets
Old 12-31-2014, 03:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have larger fabric bags that zip up. I can put their mat, blanket, and pillow in there. Then I put their name on the bag and keep them separated. It ends up being too big for cubbies, but I have a closet under the stairs that it all fits under.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have large plastic storage totes - the flat kind that you can slip under the bed. They are just the right size for one sleep mat, one blanket, and one small pillow. I keep the totes stacked in the corner of my toy storage room.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

We don't have pillows - I use foldable mats from lakeshore that have built in pillows. Each child gets one mat and fleece blanket provided by me. I store them in plastic sterilite drawers. It is the perfect size for the mats and blanket and allows for each child's mat and blanket to be separate from one another.

Mats: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1420126542394

Drawers: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...Black/16415880
Old 01-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

I need to get some of those XL ziploc bags, that idea would work for me! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I found the xl vacumn seal bags at Dollar Tree yesterday so I'm going to use those and just not vacumn seal them. I have 27 to do so i needed something much more space effective.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Sleeping bag are such good idea, I never thought about it!!

It can be such a pain to switch each bed sheet, blanket and pillow case from regularly.

I am going to look into that
Old 01-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

Yes, in regard to laundering the sleeping bags I'm required to have them washed weekly. I don't send them home, I launder them. I can see busy parents just leaving them in the car and not getting around to washing them or forgetting them on Monday.

I want to make sure they are here and I do want to offer this as a service. Quite honestly, if I worked out of the home all week and had little kids I might not get around to washing, drying, and loading that sleeping bag in the car each week!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:39 AM
New Daycare.com Member

All kids have their own blankets and sheets (no pillows) and a stuffed animal if they need it. We use cots, which are sanitized after each use. The blankets etc., are stored in individual cubbies and get washed weekly unless they get soiled then they are washed that day.

Tags
storage, storage - blankets