Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 2 3 4
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Worried About Coronavirus?
Former Teacher 07:23 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
You should be a detective. You have an inquisitive mind. Don’t get me going on how expensive everything is here. They tax “everything”. Gas is still $3-$4 a gallon.
That's another sad thing. Gas is so cheap here....but we have no place to go!
kidsncats 01:52 PM 04-09-2020
I regularly visit this thread to observe the time-line and the changing viewpoints related to the virus.

I was scared in February, closed in March.
Cat Herder 02:30 PM 04-09-2020
I do too.

Ariana 04:04 PM 04-09-2020
Our whole city is shut down until June now. No word on schools yet but I am sure it will follow soon.
Michael 04:05 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by kidsncats:
I regularly visit this thread to observe the time-line and the changing viewpoints related to the virus.

I was scared in February, closed in March.
It is a great way to see how we had to manage with ever changing information that was available. I have been writing more on FB regarding what I believe needs to be done to get back to normal. Here is one post I wrote a week ago:

Here’s my take on the current COVID-19 situation. Self-Isolation has a short shelf-life. Almost everyone on the planet has had influenza, likewise, everyone will contract this virus over time. At some point humanity attains Herd Immunity. Some of us may already have had this virus and are immune to it. We need to test America for COVID-19 and those that are shown to be immune, need to get back into their normal rhythm of life.

1. Mass testing to identify the infected and the immune
2. Management of the virus with drugs
3. Develop a vaccine
4. Get back to normal life

This is what I envision the government doing to expedite an exit strategy from our current immobilization. The first phase would be mass testing to identify those who are infected with COVID-19. Then approving an array of drugs like hydroxychloraquine and azithromycin to manage the virus which would reduce the number of those needing ICU hospitalization and ventilation from pneumonia. Next-mass testing to determine who is immune. Those deemed healthy would be allowed to go back to work and be released from quarantine restrictions. Lastly, the approval of a vaccine to further immunize the rest of the population and end this national emergency.
MyAngels 07:13 AM 04-10-2020
It is a great way to see how we had to manage with ever changing information that was available. I have been writing more on FB regarding what I believe needs to be done to get back to normal. Here is one post I wrote a week ago:

Here’s my take on the current COVID-19 situation. Self-Isolation has a short shelf-life. Almost everyone on the planet has had influenza, likewise, everyone will contract this virus over time. At some point humanity attains Herd Immunity. Some of us may already have had this virus and are immune to it. We need to test America for COVID-19 and those that are shown to be immune, need to get back into their normal rhythm of life.

3. Develop a vaccine

This is what I envision the government doing to expedite an exit strategy from our current immobilization. The first phase would be mass testing to identify those who are infected with COVID-19. Then approving an array of drugs like hydroxychloraquine and azithromycin to manage the virus which would reduce the number of those needing ICU hospitalization and ventilation from pneumonia. Next-mass testing to determine who is immune. Those deemed healthy would be allowed to go back to work and be released from quarantine restrictions. Lastly, the approval of a vaccine to further immunize the rest of the population and end this national emergency.
This is pretty much what I've been thinking all along. We can't just shut down huge parts of our economy forever. We need to focus more on testing and isolating those that have the virus and let everyone else get back into the business of life.

I am imagining that when they lift all the restrictions we're going to have another big jump in infections because those people who are "carriers" with no signs of the virus are going to be out mixing again with those who are vulnerable to it, and boom, we're right back where we started.

I hope they've got all the really smart people working day and night on a vaccine, treatment and testing.
MomBoss 08:22 AM 04-10-2020
Some doctors are finding success with hydroxychloriquine and zinc, but honestly I think it needs to be given to people before their symptoms become severe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.co...quine/6079864/

My friend in New Jersey had Covid 19 and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. He is now home and doing physical therapy because he lost 20% muscle. He gets exhausted brushing his teeth but is healthy considering his ordeal.
A friend of a friend who is in their 50s is in the hospital and not doing good. They were given this med combo 2 days ago. Waiting to see if it works.
Michael 12:02 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I hope they've got all the really smart people working day and night on a vaccine, treatment and testing.
It took around 5 years to develop a vaccine for polio and mumps. 18 months would be extremely fast but we can manage the damage of this virus with drugs until then.

Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Some doctors are finding success with hydroxychloriquine and zinc, but honestly I think it needs to be given to people before their symptoms become severe.
I agree. They should also have all front-line health care workers on it for short periods, while on the job. This particular drug can be hard on the retina if taken for a year or more. It appears to keep the viral load down. Take a look at all the countries that take it while battling malaria. Their infectious numbers have stayed low. That includes Africa, some counties in Indonesia and Central America. Obviously not everyone takes the drug there but many do.

There are other drugs being tested that show promise. No reason why we can’t continue to wear face masks and sanitize while living life more out in the open and working as normal. I would not be opposed to taking a flight if everyone was required to wear an n95 face mask. Like having to keep your seatbelt on the whole flight.

I know this disease currently is dangerous but so is living. Do so at your own risk. Live wholly and build up your immune system. Herd immunity is a real thing that will eventually happen with COVID-19. We’ll get through this. Hopefully the lasting damage won’t be psychological.
MomBoss 03:22 PM 04-10-2020
It took around 5 years to develop a vaccine for polio and mumps. 18 months would be extremely fast but we can manage the damage of this virus with drugs until then.

I agree. They should also have all front-line health care workers on it for short periods, while on the job. This particular drug can be hard on the retina if taken for a year or more. It appears to keep the viral load down. Take a look at all the countries that take it while battling malaria. Their infectious numbers have stayed low. That includes Africa, some counties in Indonesia and Central America. Obviously not everyone takes the drug there but many do.

There are other drugs being tested that show promise. No reason why we can’t continue to wear face masks and sanitize while living life more out in the open and working as normal. I would not be opposed to taking a flight if everyone was required to wear an n95 face mask. Like having to keep your seatbelt on the whole flight.

I know this disease currently is dangerous but so is living. Do so at your own risk. Live wholly and build up your immune system. Herd immunity is a real thing that will eventually happen with COVID-19. We’ll get through this. Hopefully the lasting damage won’t be psychological.
Couldnt agree more!!
Valerie928 09:45 AM 04-11-2020

3. Develop a vaccine

Antibody tests, millions of them. We need to get back to life.
kidsncats 11:07 AM 04-11-2020
My husband is an at-risk individual. Over 65, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, rapid pulse with AFIB and now I think he's come down with shingles. I closed down for him; his pulse and blood pressure were sky-rocketing because of the stress.

Last night I looked over at him and said, "Wouldn't it be ironic if you were one of the people that had a natural immunity to this virus?"

It does happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cat Herder 11:46 AM 12-07-2020
Update: 10 months

How are all of you faring business-wise?
CenterTeacher20 12:00 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Update: 10 months
  • I am still open.
  • My clients/families had one exposure/negative test and two false positives/documented, combined, to date. No actual cases.
  • I am still using the same pre-covid-19 universal precautions and arrival prescreening routine.
  • I have not closed one single day.

How are all of you faring business-wise?
My update!
- Still open!
- We've had multiple kids out due to positive exposures, who received negative tests after being excluded, only 2 five-day closures due to direct positives in our center but none of us 3 teachers have gotten it yet! I get tested weekly as a precaution and have been neg every time!
- Same screening questions, exclusion reasons, temp checks, and modified operating practices that we have been going on since March
- Like I said earlier, we have closed twice for 5 days at a time during this whole thing, once in August and once in late October. Luckily no one else contracted it

We have lost a lot of clients since this all started whether it be clients who are now working from home and can keep their kids with them, the family that we just kicked out (I'll share the story with you guys one of these days lol), or families who simply couldn't afford us anymore. Luckily we are still receiving a bi-weekly grant, which has help a lot.
Cat Herder 12:25 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Luckily we are still receiving a bi-weekly grant, which has help a lot.
I am so glad to hear that.

We were given a one time grant for cleaning supplies and another is in the works. Hopefully that comes through. The price gouging during shortages did take a bite out of my savings. The grant really came in handy. I had to give up getting anything local. "1 per customer" rules make running group care almost impossible. Yes, most places here still have that imposed on paper goods, cleaning supplies, gloves and infant supplies.
CenterTeacher20 01:09 PM 12-07-2020
We have a grant in ND called the CEOG, basically they pay you a certain amount per child per your max capacity that you are allowed for children in your care. We're allowed in our space with our license to have up to 30 children so we get paid a certain amount for 30 children regardless of whether we have 30 enrolled or not. (We currently only have 16 enrolled so I'm glad thats a thing) It was double the current amount until June, and then the $ went to half the original amount. Still helps though..
Jupadia 02:10 PM 12-07-2020
Well I ended up shutting down from our spring break in March when the announced the intial beginning of lock down and closed schools here. I had just lost 2 kids the month before (parent job loss and other to subsidized care). I had multiple interviews set up to fill spots but parents chosse not to enter daycare at time. The two kids I had one family pulled and is still not back. Child has only interacted with brother since march now and I honestly dont think they will be back. The other let me know kid wont be comming for the first two weeks and then just completely ghosted me, leaving behind things like a snowsuit. I only have 5 spaces. My other space was vacate, it had just opened up December 30 when my own had stoped counting in my numbers on his birthday. It realy sucked I felt like I was losing my whole business and everything I had built with it for the last 8 years.
Not having daycare kids did make my life much easier with online school for my kids.

I reopened with one kid near the end of July. Got another kid PT in September. I dont usually take PT but mom Hope's to go full time once work gives more hours but due to covid cant get them yet. Now I had a 3rd kid start full time last week. Its finally feeling like I'm back in business.

It's been hard to find kids. I could have filled back up at the end of August but I chosse to have my own kids attend school on person vs virtual option , so some parents who where looking for care went else where.

So far I've not had to shut because anyone's be exposed or gotten covid. But it's a matter of time. My area went back into lockdown earlier this month. As of today any child experiencing any of the covid symptoms is sent home for 10 days to quartinte, along with any sibblings. So now for a headache that one of my kids get at school I could be looking at having to close. Right now I'm hopeing to make it to the 21 when I get a week off and can relax for a few days from worring about being shut down again.
flying_babyb 05:07 PM 12-08-2020
my update (4 classroom center):
We closed once in august due to a child exposure, and one teacher ended up getting it.
Still temping at the door, still doing symptom checks
Still cleaning like crazy

canceled the Christmas party but otherwise, buiness as normal
VictoryCare 02:57 AM 12-09-2020
Waiting for the White House to do their jobs. Been waiting for four years. Luckily January 20th is just around the corner.
Josiegirl 03:25 AM 12-09-2020
Coming back to the original question...I've been extremely worried the whole year through with ups and downs throughout. Our area was very low in cases until school and sports started back up again in Sept. Then the numbers increased quickly. DH and I ended up contracting Covid in November and both of us had a mild case which I counted our blessings for.
And now, I'm just as worried for others in our family than I am for both of us. I still see deaths in the news, healthy people taken with no evidence of comorbidities. I have no idea what causes the differences in reaction, whether it's amount of exposure or what. DH scared me when he first came down with it because he's definitely in a higher risk group and you simply don't know how it could affect someone. And I could tell from his tone, that he was also frightened.
In some ways I'm less afraid of it than I was before, due to the fact it's very possible to come out on the other end just fine. But still scared for my kids who live in cities with much greater numbers than here.

All of you who are handling caring for children through all of this, deserve more respect, much higher pay and a good long vacation. Personally I probably wouldn't have made it much past March/April if I'd still been working. All the BS dcps put you through, all the questions and grey areas that are out there due to lack of knowledge and consistency, would've made me crazy by now.
Gemma 03:52 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
All of you who are handling caring for children through all of this, deserve more respect, much higher pay and a good long vacation.
Thank you for sticking around Josie!
Gemma 04:00 AM 12-09-2020
Now to stay on topic...
I'm not worried, worrying shuts down the immune system and then you get sick for sure.

...but I was a bit concerned last year, when parents and children in my daycare took turn to the ER and were diagnosed with: viral pneumonia (unknown virus)
Annalee 04:19 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
Waiting for the White House to do their jobs. Been waiting for four years. Luckily January 20th is just around the corner.
Do their jobs with coronavirus? the economy? where does this fit in with this thread dealing with how we are all faring with the pandemic and our business? I have strong opinions about how things will be after Jan. 20th but those thoughts do not need to come out until I, at least, have my coffee!
VictoryCare 04:33 AM 12-09-2020
Thank you JosieGirl
Valerie928 06:13 AM 12-09-2020
I am concerned now as my husbands coworker whom he is with daily has tested positive as of yesterday. I am trying not to be afraid but I am afraid of the unknown. I am not making my husband seclude himself from us. I just don't feel like this will much matter and part of me just wants to acquire the virus and have natural immunity. This may sound crazy, I am just rambling here. Pray for us.
Valerie928 06:21 AM 12-09-2020
This thread is not about your political standing. Please stop.
Blackcat31 06:42 AM 12-09-2020
I am open and have been the whole time. I haven't had too many issues with finding supplies, making adjustments to our normal routines and keeping things as safe as I am humanly able to.

Just recently I've seen some really dumb behaviors from parents that I've had to address. Ugh!

I had one family that refused to get a flu vaccine and were going to be excluded until compliance or termed from care (their choice) but complained the whole time about having to pay for services they weren't able to use until they complied or completed their final two weeks. Ultimately they complied and then flew out of state for a 10 day vacation. Now they're mad they can't return to care for 14 days per the department of health.

Had a 45 minute discussion with a parent about why I don't get hazard pay or a back up payment (from who?) if any of my DCK's are out for quarantine as the parent doesn't think they should have to pay me when it's not their choice to have to quarantine and be excluded from care. Well it's not MY choice either so why should I lose income? Plus, they're having to quarantine because they were exposed during a family gathering.

I have sore eyes from all the eye rolls, I have a stiff neck/jaw from clenching my teeth while refraining from saying what I really want to say to some of these parents right now.

The rest of them (8/10) have been FANTASTIC! Doing a great job of staying healthy and social distancing.

Our state has given providers $1200 a month for July- October and $600 for December as public health funding to assist in the costs of extra time and cleaning supplies as well as to make up a little income for those providers that have lost families due to COIVD. The funding is only for providers that haven't shut down and are still open and operating with essential workers as a priority clients.

That has been helpful.

Another organization has provided us with a contactless thermometer, a gallon of hand sanitizer and a box of disposable gloves and masks.

Other than that, it's business as usual here.
Counting down the days until I am on Christmas vacation though!
dolores 06:48 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I am concerned now as my husbands coworker whom he is with daily has tested positive as of yesterday. I am trying not to be afraid but I am afraid of the unknown. I am not making my husband seclude himself from us. I just don't feel like this will much matter and part of me just wants to acquire the virus and have natural immunity. This may sound crazy, I am just rambling here. Pray for us.

Blackcat31 07:33 AM 12-09-2020
I empathize with you.... this is so hard.
I understand and share the fear. This feels like it's getting so close to home that it will be impossible to prevent no matter what we do sometimes.

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!
Valerie928 07:46 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Coming back to the original question...I've been extremely worried the whole year through with ups and downs throughout. Our area was very low in cases until school and sports started back up again in Sept. Then the numbers increased quickly. DH and I ended up contracting Covid in November and both of us had a mild case which I counted our blessings for.
And now, I'm just as worried for others in our family than I am for both of us. I still see deaths in the news, healthy people taken with no evidence of comorbidities. I have no idea what causes the differences in reaction, whether it's amount of exposure or what. DH scared me when he first came down with it because he's definitely in a higher risk group and you simply don't know how it could affect someone. And I could tell from his tone, that he was also frightened.
In some ways I'm less afraid of it than I was before, due to the fact it's very possible to come out on the other end just fine. But still scared for my kids who live in cities with much greater numbers than here.

All of you who are handling caring for children through all of this, deserve more respect, much higher pay and a good long vacation. Personally I probably wouldn't have made it much past March/April if I'd still been working. All the BS dcps put you through, all the questions and grey areas that are out there due to lack of knowledge and consistency, would've made me crazy by now.
Very glad to hear both you and your husband are ok!
Valerie928 07:50 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I empathize with you.... this is so hard.
I understand and share the fear. This feels like it's getting so close to home that it will be impossible to prevent no matter what we do sometimes.

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!
Thanks BC and you are right, no matter how hard we are trying, it seems like we are losing. Prayers for all right now! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Cat Herder 07:53 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Had a 45 minute discussion with a parent about why I don't get hazard pay or a back up payment (from who?) if any of my DCK's are out for quarantine as the parent doesn't think they should have to pay me when it's not their choice to have to quarantine and be excluded from care. Well it's not MY choice either so why should I lose income?
I have been getting that a bit too, even though I have not closed and it was the parents who were quarantined from their own personal choices (parties, vacations, flights). I only received a one time grant for cleaning supplies, with the option of using it for tuition assistance. I am not using it to cover their tuition. I would have kept a kid overnights if necessary, though. For a fee. Families should have emergency funds, too. Not just me. They are raising kids on purpose even in the event of an accidental pregnancy. No excuses. >flame suit zipped, personal opinion, teen mother, myself<

Many of the state grant writers (all states) have been doing advertising campaigns telling parents that our grants can also be used to cover tuition for parents effected by the virus.

Some states have even mandated it. No extra help for the providers to offset added expenses, just tuition assistance for the parents. They feel since it is going to the provider, it should benefit the parent. Essentially allowing the provider to break even but the parent to profit since most were still receiving unemployment or salary while out.

That said, I do know some parents (like providers) who don't qualify for unemployment or salaries and actually do need some help. I don't know a single provider who does not know which family of theirs needs that help and has not found a way to provide it. It is what we do. It is only the forced double standards and the notion that we should always be the ones going without while doing more we resent.
VictoryCare 08:17 AM 12-09-2020
This thread is not about your political standing. Please stop.
It is about if we are afraid of covid, that is part of my fear, that nothing is being done about it and that we have to wait until Jan to hopefully get something done, and please don't speak to me that way
Annalee 08:47 AM 12-09-2020
It is about if we are afraid of covid, that is part of my fear, that nothing is being done about it and that we have to wait until Jan to hopefully get something done, and please don't speak to me that way
I have a kids book "Miss Moo goes to the Zoo" where the zoo animals continually ask Miss Moo "who are you and what do you do?".

So VictoryCare, "who are you and what do you do" other than giving covid info.
Gemma 08:50 AM 12-09-2020
Prayers for all right now! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you! I'm praying for you and yours
Annalee 08:53 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have been getting that a bit too, even though I have not closed and it was the parents who were quarantined from their own personal choices (parties, vacations, flights). I only received a one time grant for cleaning supplies, with the option of using it for tuition assistance. I am not using it to cover their tuition. I would have kept a kid overnights if necessary, though. For a fee. Families should have emergency funds, too. Not just me. They are raising kids on purpose even in the event of an accidental pregnancy. No excuses. >flame suit zipped, personal opinion, teen mother, myself<

Many of the state grant writers (all states) have been doing advertising campaigns telling parents that our grants can also be used to cover tuition for parents effected by the virus.

Some states have even mandated it. No extra help for the providers to offset added expenses, just tuition assistance for the parents. They feel since it is going to the provider, it should benefit the parent. Essentially allowing the provider to break even but the parent to profit since most were still receiving unemployment or salary while out.

That said, I do know some parents (like providers) who don't qualify for unemployment or salaries and actually do need some help. I don't know a single provider who does not know which family of theirs needs that help and has not found a way to provide it. It is what we do. It is only the forced double standards and the notion that we should always be the ones going without while doing more we resent.
Here, essential workers have not paid since April 15 and it ends Dec. 31; and up to Aug 31, there were grants to cover private pay when I closed. Other than this my clients pay. I made my clients pay until the state paid me; as the state pays in arrears so I would stay paid in advance. They will all be credited at the end. Then if the state balks on my Holiday closing 12 days at the end then I will have that as well already in hand. Make sense?

Plus clients pay the overages each week as the state doesn't pay what I charge!
VictoryCare 08:55 AM 12-09-2020
Hmmm...I didn't see a survey for anyone else asking who they were or what the do to talk about if they still worry about covid. And I didn't know there was a certain criteria on giving information or thoughts or feelings about covid, everyone here is open expressing what they think is happening about it, why its happening, why its not happening etc etc...
VictoryCare 09:28 AM 12-09-2020
But, to answer your question, I am a mother, a daughter, a fiance, a owner/ provider of a Family Daycare, a catholic, a poet, a baker, a cook, I am and do many things, and my worries and fears are just as valid as anyone else's, even if they are a expressed in different ways
Blackcat31 09:46 AM 12-09-2020
Hmmm...I didn't see a survey for anyone else asking who they were or what the do to talk about if they still worry about covid. And I didn't know there was a certain criteria on giving information or thoughts or feelings about covid, everyone here is open expressing what they think is happening about it, why its happening, why its not happening etc etc...
Putting on my moderator hat now:

Please refrain from sharing your political views in regards to COVID in this thread.

Discussion of daycare business, policies and/or guidelines as well as how COVID impacts your business is welcome but since politics is a hot button topic, it's best to leave it for a political thread.

If you want to discuss politics you are welcome to start one and those that want to participate in a political thread are free to do so. Thank you.
Cat Herder 09:58 AM 12-09-2020
Also in moderator voice.... You have been over the top in your posts and members have been showing grace assuming you are stressed. You would have had members coming out of the woodwork to go at you if they were not asking each others opinions in private messaging, instead. Your tone has been condescending, harsh and baiting. We want you to stick around, but less passive aggressive or overtly aggressive would be great.

We are all stressed, too. This is our water cooler. The only way we get to "visit" with "co-workers" in a safe space. Call it a "Creating a hostile work environment warning". Vent when needed, apologize when needed, support when needed.

FTR, I have had warnings, too. We all have our hot button issues.
VictoryCare 10:27 AM 12-09-2020
Thank you for explaining to me that we are not to mix politics with covid conversation, now that I know, I will not talk government while talking about covid,. However, I do not feel that my posts have been over the top, condescending or baiting. I was talking about people in general not doing, IMO, what they need to be doing, I was not signaling out anyone here. I support everyone here, this profession is thankless, and never a piece of cake, especially now with all the extras added on because of this virus
Cat Herder 10:32 AM 12-09-2020
Go to your user CP, re-read your first 50 posts. That was our first impression of you. Is that how you speak when entering a room?
VictoryCare 10:44 AM 12-09-2020
No, you are right, it is not...I did make a bad first impression. I am tired of this virus as we all are. I just want it to be over, as we all do. I apologized for my passion about this topic, it is a hot button for me, probably for everyone, I just want it to stop, as does everyone
VictoryCare 10:46 AM 12-09-2020
I'm not a bad or mean person, and I do not mean harm or ill will to anyone. It is getting to close to home here and I dont not feel that I or my fiance would come out ok if we contracted this virus
VictoryCare 10:56 AM 12-09-2020
And, I always worry that even though I am doing what MY state is telling me to do on how to run my daycare and protect the children I care for. I always wonder if it is enough.
Cat Herder 11:23 AM 12-09-2020
I think we all get that. No worries.
Blackcat31 11:39 AM 12-09-2020
I love when things are worked out in a positive way

COVID makes life stressful for everyone but we (as a group) don’t have to let it turn us against each other
VictoryCare 11:52 AM 12-09-2020
...thank you
Josiegirl 01:56 PM 12-09-2020
I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best scenario that you don't have to deal with it at all!!

Very glad to hear both you and your husband are ok!
Thanks

I'm not a bad or mean person, and I do not mean harm or ill will to anyone. It is getting to close to home here and I dont not feel that I or my fiance would come out ok if we contracted this virus
Hugs to you VictoryCare; it's on everybody's mind. The hard part is not knowing how it would affect us and/or our loved ones. Stay safe and healthy; it sounds like you're doing everything you can to be cautious.
VictoryCare 02:22 PM 12-09-2020
Hugs to you VictoryCare; it's on everybody's mind. The hard part is not knowing how it would affect us and/or our loved ones. Stay safe and healthy; it sounds like you're doing everything you can to be cautious.[/quote]
Thank you....
MyAngels 08:33 AM 12-10-2020

We went through the same thing last month. DH had it and our house is small so we really weren't able to isolate from each other. I never did get it though, even though at the time I (kind of) wanted to just get it over with. My DH fared ok, and hopefully yours will too if he gets it.
Valerie928 09:25 AM 12-10-2020

We went through the same thing last month. DH had it and our house is small so we really weren't able to isolate from each other. I never did get it though, even though at the time I (kind of) wanted to just get it over with. My DH fared ok, and hopefully yours will too if he gets it.
If there is ever a good chance of my husband catching the virus this is it. His coworker that has it, caught it from his wife who is a front line worker, an RN. So, I figure given the timeline my husband would start showing symptoms today or tomorrow. I am with you though on kinda just wanting to catch it and get it over with. But I am scared of the unknown. How will we react. If my husband does become I'll, I won't seclude him away.

May I ask how old you and your husband are. We are mid 40's. Did your husband isolate?
MyAngels 10:10 AM 12-10-2020
If there is ever a good chance of my husband catching the virus this is it. His coworker that has it, caught it from his wife who is a front line worker, an RN. So, I figure given the timeline my husband would start showing symptoms today or tomorrow. I am with you though on kinda just wanting to catch it and get it over with. But I am scared of the unknown. How will we react. If my husband does become I'll, I won't seclude him away.

May I ask how old you and your husband are. We are mid 40's. Did your husband isolate?
We are both in our mid-fifties 57 and 56. He has a few underlying conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea) but they're all well controlled. He mainly got fatigued and ran a fever off and on for a couple of days. When the health department called they said the number one most common symptom was loss of taste and smell, so BOLO for that. Also, if either of you gets it you might want to pick up a pulse oximeter. My DH's doc told him that if your oxygen level drops it's important to get medical help.

We both quarantined here together for 10 and 14 days respectively, but we weren't really able to isolate from each other. We have a small house and only 1 bathroom, but we did try not to get too much in each other's spaces.

We found out yesterday that my DD, who's 32, has had it at some point and just never knew it, no symptoms at all. She's a paramedic so it makes sense.

You guys take care, and I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Valerie928 10:57 AM 12-10-2020
We are both in our mid-fifties 57 and 56. He has a few underlying conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea) but they're all well controlled. He mainly got fatigued and ran a fever off and on for a couple of days. When the health department called they said the number one most common symptom was loss of taste and smell, so BOLO for that. Also, if either of you gets it you might want to pick up a pulse oximeter. My DH's doc told him that if your oxygen level drops it's important to get medical help.

We both quarantined here together for 10 and 14 days respectively, but we weren't really able to isolate from each other. We have a small house and only 1 bathroom, but we did try not to get too much in each other's spaces.

We found out yesterday that my DD, who's 32, has had it at some point and just never knew it, no symptoms at all. She's a paramedic so it makes sense.

You guys take care, and I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Thank you for sharing your experience with covid. It's always a bit comforting to hear good outcomes. I purchased a pulse oximeter back in May as I heard people with covid can be hypoxic and not even know it.
Tags:bats, cdc, coronavirus, covid-19, infrared, medical terminology, mers-cov, mrsa, pandemic, pandemic - contract, sars-cov-2, world health organization, zoonosis
First ... 2 3 4
Reply Up