Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default New Here... But Think I Made A Mistake

in using my daycare name here so I can't do any venting. Is there any way to change it or do I have to register under a different name/email address?????

I've been doing daycare for 10 years, can't believe I never found this forum before!!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 AM

Just PM Michael, the administrator, and I'm pretty sure he can change your user name for you.

Welcome!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 AM

Log out to vent.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
Just PM Michael, the administrator, and I'm pretty sure he can change your user name for you.

Welcome!
It seems that new members cant PM anyone, the option is not there. Dont understand why accounts are so locked down here.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyb~provider View Post
It seems that new members cant PM anyone, the option is not there. Dont understand why accounts are so locked down here.
I upgraded your status. You will be able to post freely and PM others. I usually wait to see if a new registration is legit before allowing free access. We get many spammers that take the time to register (about 9000 a week) and I can tell that they don't know childcare and they are removed. Imagine that many having free access to the PM

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Michael; 07-01-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Imagine that many having free access to the PM
Well dang.. How am I ever going to learn about that new female v-i-a-g-r-a or how I can lose 50lbs eating cupcakes???
Old 07-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post

Welcome!
Yes, do this immediately.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
Well dang.. How am I ever going to learn about that new female v-i-a-g-r-a or how I can lose 50lbs eating cupcakes???
You know, I had to learn the hard way. When I first started this forum I would check it first thing in the morning it would be filled with P-O-R-N! I was mortified and had to come up with layers of protection. The spammers are another thing. I have to partially read most of their stuff. You would think with all their "buy and extend this" gimmeicks, guys would be swinging from the trees like Tarzan. I can't see how they are making money but they must be since there is more spam then ever. I guess the old saying that "a sucker is born every minute" is true.

Last edited by Michael; 07-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
You know, I had to learn the hard way. When I first started this forum I would check it first thing in the morning it would be filled with ****! I was mortified and had to come up with layers of protection. The spammers are another thing. I have to partially read most of their stuff. You would think with all their "buy and extend this" gimmeicks, guys would be swinging from the trees like Tarzan. I can't see how they are making money but they must be since there is more spam then ever. I guess the old saying that "a sucker is born every minute" is true.
I woke up one morning around 2-3am and looked on the form.....No joke I think I saw about 20 spams posted... I was shocked....
Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I woke up one morning around 2-3am and looked on the form.....No joke I think I saw about 20 spams posted... I was shocked....
Well as a Moderator you will see those, Members will not. If you ever want to be unburdened with that let me know! Not a problem.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I learned to not go on at that time again.....lol It was hot and I couldnt sleep so I thought I would read some...................lol
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
You know, I had to learn the hard way. When I first started this forum I would check it first thing in the morning it would be filled with P-O-R-N! I was mortified and had to come up with layers of protection. The spammers are another thing. I have to partially read most of their stuff. You would think with all their "buy and extend this" gimmeicks, guys would be swinging from the trees like Tarzan. I can't see how they are making money but they must be since there is more spam then ever. I guess the old saying that "a sucker is born every minute" is true.
Thanks for doing all the "dirty work" Michael! Appreciate ya!

Last edited by Michael; 07-01-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

Hello and welcome!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Hi Welcome to Daycare forums I hope it turns out well.

Michael has been very supportive to all members here, so if you have any inquiries just

pm Michael. He will love to assist you. Have a Nice Day.

Last edited by Michael; 07-04-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Smile Restricted...

Quote:
I upgraded your status. You will be able to post freely and PM others. I usually wait to see if a new registration is legit before allowing free access. We get many spammers that take the time to register (about 9000 a week) and I can tell that they don't know childcare and they are removed. Imagine that many having free access to the PM

Welcome to the forum!
Any chance of upgrading my account? I signed up yesterday or the day before (sadly I cannot recall which day haha) and I was getting seriously frustrated when I find myself blocked from trying to update any of my info etc.

BTW, I only JUST signed up since I am starting up a home daycare again, however when I first did home daycare (when my youngest was under 1 year and she is now 6 yrs old) I originally found this forum back then and LOVED all the info! I have to say I really enjoy reading this forum today as well as I begin this journey again!

So Mr Moderator Can you pretty please unrestrict me? lol!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTears View Post
Any chance of upgrading my account? I signed up yesterday or the day before (sadly I cannot recall which day haha) and I was getting seriously frustrated when I find myself blocked from trying to update any of my info etc.

BTW, I only JUST signed up since I am starting up a home daycare again, however when I first did home daycare (when my youngest was under 1 year and she is now 6 yrs old) I originally found this forum back then and LOVED all the info! I have to say I really enjoy reading this forum today as well as I begin this journey again!

So Mr Moderator Can you pretty please unrestrict me? lol!!!
It's upgraded. Sorry it took so long. I am on vacation and not on as much during the day.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
It's upgraded. Sorry it took so long. I am on vacation and not on as much during the day.
Geez, Michael... Go play toys!!!!

You are on vacation.

Thanks for all you do, though!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Thanks Michael! Now I can update and start posting woohooo! I hope you can at least enjoy your vacay!!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Thanks, I am injoying my vaca. Here is a photo I took last week in Clearwater, FL.

Tags
forum question, vacation