Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Had A Kid Who LIKED To Cry?
youretooloud 03:08 PM 02-06-2012
This girl LOVES to burst into tears for any and all reasons, and occasionally for no reason at all.

It's not a temper tantrum.

She's not truly upset...

I swear, she just loves to cry.
Zoe 03:29 PM 02-06-2012
I have that kid too. I don't know if it's that he enjoys it or that's how he expresses himself or he's been trained to make that sound to get attention...either way! ARRRGGGHHH!
Lucy 03:40 PM 02-06-2012
I have a 3.5 yr old girl who does that. When I ask her what's wrong, she says "I miss my sissy", or mommy, or daddy, or puppy, or papa (grandpa) or granny, or dollies, or even HOUSE. I think it's just female dramatics..... happening waaaayyy too early!! She stops just as abruptly as she starts. It's ridiculous. I ignore it unless it continues for more than a couple minutes, then she goes to the crying spot, where she's told she can make a decision to.... #1 -- sit and cry, or #2 -- go have fun with her dc friends. She'll sit there and something one of the other kids does or says makes her laugh and she hops right up and starts playing. Ugh.
daycare 03:42 PM 02-06-2012
yup should do have one of those..

He cries all the time and for no reason at all. I will sit down beside him and tell him that he is hurting eveyones ears and that there is nothing to be upset about, yet he will sit and not just dry, but scream cry.

He is only 21 months old, so when he does it and I ask him to stop and does not, I put him in the PNP.. It starts out this way daily and I have to do it about 4 times before he will stop.

I feel for you.. Nothing worse than a child crying for no reason at all...
Heidi 06:59 PM 02-06-2012
yeah, my drama queen is 18 months old...HE is quite a character! The "crying spot" is becomming quite the regular occurance with him...oh, and don't tell Dad I called him a drama queen!
spud912 07:18 PM 02-06-2012
I used to have a cryer who would also purposely wet herself (she was "potty trained") to throw in some extra drama.
greenhouse 07:36 AM 02-07-2012
Yup. Cries like 20 times a day- over "nothing". I feel bad, there is really nothing to fix it. Crying spot method works for management, but a root cause I believe is being away from mom and dad for most of their little lives so far.
TBird 09:02 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Yup. Cries like 20 times a day- over "nothing". I feel bad, there is really nothing to fix it. Crying spot method works for management, but a root cause I believe is being away from mom and dad for most of their little lives so far.
Same here! 3 year old who just likes to cry. I don't feed into it...if there's no reason for it then hit the crying spot & have at it!!!
Tags:crying - all day, weird
Reply Up