Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Putting on my big girl panties and telling dcm it's 3x a week
E Daycare 06:03 AM 10-12-2012
I went to mon, wed, fri schedule at the start of the school year. I gave dcfs THREE MONTHS to get ready for this schedule.

On the first day back one dcm says "oh by the way my backup sitter had surgery and needs to recover for a few weeks and I need to put dck at full time since I have no other means.

So I said "ok" since I was caught off guard. We never agreed to how long this would be as she said a few weeks. I gave out a full time contract.

Dcm is FULLY aware I don't want full time. Has stated how she knows I don't want to do it (ex: she took leave all mo and said shed give me "time off" on tues and thurs while she was home and keep her kid with her those days).

So now it's full time for the foreseeable future. Dcm has given no mention to finding a back up sitter. She stated (she's a teacher) "it's not gonna be too much the next few months what with thanksgiving and Christmas break but then there's the long haul till spring break".

No.

So this morning at her late drop off (since she's home now she doesn't want to be up early to drop off her kid so she brings the kid in around 10am) I'm gonna tell her she has through the new year to do full time here but once the 1st hits it's either back to mon, wed, fri and other arrangements need to be made.

I'm miffed because her back up didn't just find out she was having surgery and couldn't watch the kid in one day. This had to be something that was discussed before hand(backup is a family member). So dcm dumped the "backup had surgery I need full time" when she knew I'd help out. I gave them 3 months to get their stuff in order and she has another 3mo (one mo which she stays home) to get it in gear for real.

Now I know she'll lay it on thick but I think I'm being very forgiving and giving her plenty of time to make other arrangements.

I just need to find those big girl undies. Maybe grannie panties?
E Daycare 06:57 AM 10-12-2012
I did it and it feels good!

Now I can go back to eating like a normal person lol
AnneCordelia 07:01 AM 10-12-2012
Good for you!! What did she say?
E Daycare 07:04 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Good for you!! What did she say?
She said "that's fine, we agreed it would be temporary anyways and just as long as you still want dck mon, wed, fri till summer".

I told her that's fine and I'm not letting any kids go until then anyways but need to focus on my son and getting my house up for sale.

The thing is, if I didn't mention this schedule for the new year it wouldn't have been temporary and shed continue on all willy nilly.

I love this family, I do but I REALLY love the time with my son. He's growing up so fast and soon he will be off and I don't want to miss out.
DaisyMamma 10:29 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I love this family, I do but I REALLY love the time with my son. He's growing up so fast and soon he will be off and I don't want to miss out.
Good for you
Reply Up