Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is The Wildest/Craziest Thing You Have Termed For?
wahmof3 09:49 AM 10-12-2012
The thread on late night text had me wondering....

Just what is the craziest thing you have termed a client for??
Soccermom 09:58 AM 10-12-2012
Fleas....constantly returning to my home with fleas and trying to brush it off like it was no big deal.
SunshineMama 10:00 AM 10-12-2012
7 weeks of explosive diarrhea... From teething (so they said)
Sugar Magnolia 10:27 AM 10-12-2012
After being told "no, I will not put your 18 month old girl over the SINK to pee, because it is gross, dangerous and expressly forbidden by licensing." I caught the mom holding her daughter over my sink, letting her pee.
sharlan 10:42 AM 10-12-2012
I couldn't stand the parents.

One of two families I termed over the years. They were one of my first families, actually my second. Showed up on holidays, came late if they knew we had dinner reservations. Always put down my other baby - stop acting like H, I don't like her, I only like you - type of stuff.
E Daycare 10:43 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
After being told "no, I will not put your 18 month old girl over the SINK to pee, because it is gross, dangerous and expressly forbidden by licensing." I caught the mom holding her daughter over my sink, letting her pee.
Man I'm pretty sure I remember this story lol

Mine are pretty normal I guess but all from one family.

Winner of a dads Lemon of a car broken down in my driveway. Having to hang out in my house while I watched his kid so his buddy could come look at it (it was winter).

Winner of a dad dropping off kid at 10 on a day I didn't have the kid and didn't agree to watch so dad could "clean closets without worry"

Constantly being too early or too late (like hour to a half hour early at 6am or being late past dinner)

Custody battle that I was in the middle of.

Me putting out fair warning that it's an ice storm, everything's closed, I live on a hill in a culdesac that's ice and come at own risk when winner of a mom drives her jaguar out in an ice storm, gets into an accident in it being an hour late and then slides it down my driveway at pickup to slam into my mailbox. Kicker was watching her take 10min to skid sideways up my street.

The straw that broke the camels back was the day the dad dropped the kid off when I was scheduled off.

I had many not nice nicknames for him. Moron would be putting it nicely.
Willow 10:45 AM 10-12-2012
One of my families (big family, five kids) told me they had fallen on hard times so I tried to help them out regardless of bouncing SIX WEEKS worth of daycare checks to me.....until their child came in and shared with me they'd driven out of state over the weekend to buy two new poodle puppies......

I sent mom an email upon hearing the news that he would not be allowed back the next day unless I was paid in full + bank and late fees at pick up that night. Dad showed up with cash and they were finally squared up. Before they even got down my driveway I fired off my termination letter, effective immediately.

She emailed back if they knew I was going to terminate they never would have paid me.

Well, DUH. Because I didn't anticipate that that would have been their reaction at all....

ETA - This was the only time I've had to term a family so far. Hope to never have to go through it again because the mom straight lost her mind to the point of me having to threaten her with a restraining order if she didn't stop harassing my me.

At one point after she'd insulted the living poo out of me, my business, and my family she actually apologized, said she knew she screwed up and "probably blew any chance of them returning right out of the water, right?"

Ummm...DUH again.
E Daycare 10:47 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
One of my families (big family, five kids) told me they had fallen on hard times so I tried to help them out regardless of bouncing SIX WEEKS worth of daycare checks to me.....until their child came in and shared with me they'd driven out of state over the weekend to buy two new poodle puppies......

I sent mom an email upon hearing the news that he would not be allowed back the next day unless I was paid in full + bank and late fees at pick up that night. Dad showed up with cash and they were finally squared up. Before they even got down my driveway I fired off my termination letter, effective immediately.

She emailed back if they knew I was going to terminate they never would have paid me.

Well, DUH. Because I didn't anticipate that at all....
Wow, all kinds of morals those people have. Sheesh
Willow 10:51 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
Fleas....constantly returning to my home with fleas and trying to brush it off like it was no big deal.

That is uber gross
crazydaycarelady 10:55 AM 10-12-2012
One summer I decided to take Fridays off because I only had one kid scheduled and an occasional drop-in. Dcm of occasional drop-in (who thought she was my boss) told me they would like for me to work every other Friday. I told her no.

Sure enough a couple of days later they cropped up with a story that 3 weeks prior, my 10yo ds asked her 2yo dd to suck his "pee-pee handle," ( a phrase I had never even heard before!) So they didn't say anything for 3 weeks and they wanted to keep coming!

I terminated immediately and told them I would not keep their child and open myself or my son up to more allegations. She said I handled the situation all wrong by terming them and then she complained to the state. Of course the charges were unfounded. She just wanted something to hold over my head so I would be scared and work on Fridays!
Lyss 11:00 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Never paid you for the days they ALREADY used and owed for? Cause you work for free right? Lame!

People can be such jerks!
wahmof3 11:01 AM 10-12-2012
OMG is all I can say to all of these......... the NERVE of people.

WOW SMH
Sugar Magnolia 11:02 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
One summer I decided to take Fridays off because I only had one kid scheduled and an occasional drop-in. Dcm of occasional drop-in (who thought she was my boss) told me they would like for me to work every other Friday. I told her no.

Sure enough a couple of days later they cropped up with a story that 3 weeks prior, my 10yo ds asked her 2yo dd to suck his "pee-pee handle," ( a phrase I had never even heard before!) So they didn't say anything for 3 weeks and they wanted to keep coming!

I terminated immediately and told them I would not keep their child and open myself or my son up to more allegations. She said I handled the situation all wrong by terming them and then she complained to the state. Of course the charges were unfounded. She just wanted something to hold over my head so I would be scared and work on Fridays!
OMG!! Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! How awful!!! Seriously whacked, downright evil!
crazydaycarelady 11:21 AM 10-12-2012
Yeah, and the sad part is I knew on the second day of care that I did not want to have this family, but I had no backbone and I kept them for 2 years of miserableness! Lesson learned!
Sugar Magnolia 11:54 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Yeah, and the sad part is I knew on the second day of care that I did not want to have this family, but I had no backbone and I kept them for 2 years of miserableness! Lesson learned!
((((hugs))))) there should be stiffer penalties for making false accusations, ones that are proven to be done out of spite.
Tags:termination - reasons
Reply Up