Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Official...I'm Fat
rmc20021 05:36 AM 03-26-2013
Well, I knew I'd gained a few pounds over the winter (10) and I've been dying inside feeling so horrible about myself, yet not motivated enough to actually do anything about it.

This morning I have a new just barely 5 yo start daycare. As he was eating breakfast, he looked at me and said, "Why are you so fat?".

There's my motivation!!!!!
Evansmom 05:57 AM 03-26-2013
Ouch. That wasn't very nice if that little boy.

But motivation is good and if it helps ya then I guess that's good
Heidi 06:07 AM 03-26-2013
I've gained 14 since mid-December. Not being able to walk or even be outside most days this winter has not been kind. Since I had already put on about 20 since starting daycare again, I now I have the task of loosing about 35 lbs. argg
bunnyslippers 06:09 AM 03-26-2013
I have a doctor's appointment today, and KNOW that I will be having the same issue. I can't wait to hear about how fat I am...

This long winter has been brutal, and it has wreaked havoc on my body. ***.
rmc20021 06:17 AM 03-26-2013
Maybe we should start some kind of weght loss support thread????

Anyone want to start it? We wouldn't have to post actually weights, just maybe some techniques we use to lose weight, diets, recipes for low fat foods and post weight losses each week.

I'm not that computer literate so I couldn't do it, but if someone else wants to...what do ya all think?
Heidi 06:25 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by rmc20021:

Anyone want to start it? We wouldn't have to post actually weights, just maybe some techniques we use to lose weight, diets, recipes for low fat foods and post weight losses each week.

I'm not that computer literate so I couldn't do it, but if someone else wants to...what do ya all think?
There was one here at the new year ...called biggest loser of DC.com. I think it fizzled already. lol Maybe time to re-up it now that we can actually go outside more than once a week.

Oh, and bikini season is looming!
MyAngels 06:27 AM 03-26-2013

I think there's one already started in member's only area.

Maybe now that it's spring I can get motivated - oh wait, we just got 10 inches of snow...
rmc20021 07:42 AM 03-26-2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....BIKINI SEASON!!!! NOT me, ever again. Those days are long gone. But to all you young uns, go for it...
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 03-26-2013

Here is the weekly weigh in thread https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58821

Here is the Biggest Loser of Daycare.com thread https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58774
Sunchimes 09:25 AM 03-26-2013
I don't have much of a weight problem, but then, I haven't had to worry about bikini shape in a decade or so. But my 2 yo dcg put me in my place today. She is fixated on birthdays lately and decided to give me a birthday party. (It isn't close to my birthday.) She asked how old I would be on my birthday, and I told her 60. Her eyes got big and she breathlessly said, 'Wo-o-o-o-w!

Darn, I haven't had any problem with being nearly 60, and now I feel old!
MizzCheryl 10:08 AM 03-26-2013
DCB "What are you fat?"

You "Why are you SO RUDE?"
That is not ok!
rmc20021 10:46 AM 03-26-2013
Considering dcb just started today I don't want to make waves for him yet. I have had to stay on him constantly though for various things he does which I do not allow.

Rude, definitely, and although it touched a nerve in me (which I had not realized was there...and for which a comment about my age (I will also be 60 in May) would not have bothered me nearly so much), I think I needed to hear that.

Out of the mouths of babes...I would rather he tell it as he sees it in truth, than to make things up in lies.
spud912 01:52 PM 03-26-2013
I have about 10 pounds I would LIKE to lose, but definitely don't NEED to. I found my age corresponds with my weight and the more I weigh, the older I look. For example, right now I am 31 years old and I weigh 131, when I was 20 I weighed 120....weird I know but I've generally followed that pattern for the last 15 years of my life. I currently look my age and would like to look 10 years younger .

Well we have a vacation planned in a month and I figure 2 lbs per week will put me at age 22 .

As far as what your dcb said...ugh my daughters always say things about my stomach. Sometimes they see a glimpse of it or they catch me changing my shirt. The comments always go like this: "Mommy, why is your stomach so squishy?!?!" I always tell them: "because you made it squishy when you were in my belly!" Unfortunately, the squishy wrinkled belly is here to stay (unless someone gets me a tummy tuck ). I gave up on that awhile ago once I lost all my baby weight plus some and the belly was still there and ugly as ever!!
daycarediva 03:46 PM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
I have about 10 pounds I would LIKE to lose, but definitely don't NEED to. I found my age corresponds with my weight and the more I weigh, the older I look. For example, right now I am 31 years old and I weigh 131, when I was 20 I weighed 120....weird I know but I've generally followed that pattern for the last 15 years of my life. I currently look my age and would like to look 10 years younger .

Well we have a vacation planned in a month and I figure 2 lbs per week will put me at age 22 .

As far as what your dcb said...ugh my daughters always say things about my stomach. Sometimes they see a glimpse of it or they catch me changing my shirt. The comments always go like this: "Mommy, why is your stomach so squishy?!?!" I always tell them: "because you made it squishy when you were in my belly!" Unfortunately, the squishy wrinkled belly is here to stay (unless someone gets me a tummy tuck ). I gave up on that awhile ago once I lost all my baby weight plus some and the belly was still there and ugly as ever!!
This is NOT true! (unless you have a stomach muscle separation)! I had four kids and several INCHES of loose skin. There are stomach exercises that you can do that WILL tone the underlying muscle and with it, pull in the fibers connecting the skin. It's the poor man's tummy tuck.

I ended up having my umbilical hernia fixed, but that was it and I was DEFINITELY a candidate for a TT.
CedarCreek 03:56 PM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is NOT true! (unless you have a stomach muscle separation)! I had four kids and several INCHES of loose skin. There are stomach exercises that you can do that WILL tone the underlying muscle and with it, pull in the fibers connecting the skin. It's the poor man's tummy tuck.

I ended up having my umbilical hernia fixed, but that was it and I was DEFINITELY a candidate for a TT.
Please explain these exercise moves!
jokalima 04:08 PM 03-26-2013
Well my almost 5 yo dck said during breakfast "I don't want no more, i don't want a big belly like yours" LOL
daycarediva 06:50 PM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Please explain these exercise moves!
pelvic thrusts, reverse crunches, weighted crunches, RIP (rest in plank), ANYTHING that tightens the muscle/core work. Yoga to a certain extent, although I have never tried it. I do 5-6 sets of 25 of each exercise, and do abs every other day.

Also, diet... abs are made in the kitchen. lean meat, veggie, 1-2 fruits a day, never go 3 hours between meals, LOTS of water.

For me, I probably will never have a 6 pack, but I am now at the 'comfortable in a 2 piece' stage of the game, and have a mid ab line (which I think it pretty awesome with 4 kids). It was a solid year, losing 40lbs and a complete diet/lifestyle change.

If *I* can do it, everyone can!
HappyPennie 07:49 AM 03-28-2013
I have about 30 pounds to lose since starting my daycare. Food is available at all times and this job, as you all know, can be stressful at times and I am an emotional eater. My sister told me about the 17 day diet and I LOVE it! I have lost 9 lbs so far. The thing about it is it teaches you how to eat correctly and to make wiser choices with your foods and portions. I highly recommend it. I feel like I have more energy and I just feel better and healthier in general!
just_peachy 08:17 AM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
pelvic thrusts, reverse crunches, weighted crunches, RIP (rest in plank), ANYTHING that tightens the muscle/core work. Yoga to a certain extent, although I have never tried it. I do 5-6 sets of 25 of each exercise, and do abs every other day.

Also, diet... abs are made in the kitchen. lean meat, veggie, 1-2 fruits a day, never go 3 hours between meals, LOTS of water.

For me, I probably will never have a 6 pack, but I am now at the 'comfortable in a 2 piece' stage of the game, and have a mid ab line (which I think it pretty awesome with 4 kids). It was a solid year, losing 40lbs and a complete diet/lifestyle change.

If *I* can do it, everyone can!

This is so inspiring!
Tags:fat, overweight
Reply Up