Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Table Activities

Does anyone have some good ideas for table activities? What about for the younger group that still mouths things? Thanks!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Table top activities

Felt boards, or just a piece of (8x10) felt, with characters to stick to it.....Shaving cream art.....Dixie cups with kix type cereal for sorting.....Homemade play dough.....Lacing cards or small blocks with holes for lacing.....Small chalkboards...A sheet of paper and some stickers.....Old magazines a pair of plastic blunt scissors.....Keep some 'special' learning toys, and books with sounds or sensory themes, in a cabinet that are only brought out for table top activities.....Cover the whole table with a sheet of the roll type paper (tape underneath) and let them color/paint it.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

I just printed and laminated a whole stack of papers for a few busy books. There are pictures, alphabet and number printables, blank faces, etc. Then they can either use dry erase markers, dry erase crayons, or play dough to color everything in.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
I just printed and laminated a whole stack of papers for a few busy books. There are pictures, alphabet and number printables, blank faces, etc. Then they can either use dry erase markers, dry erase crayons, or play dough to color everything in.
Great idea! Thanks!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Felt boards, or just a piece of (8x10) felt, with characters to stick to it.....Shaving cream art.....Dixie cups with kix type cereal for sorting.....Homemade play dough.....Lacing cards or small blocks with holes for lacing.....Small chalkboards...A sheet of paper and some stickers.....Old magazines a pair of plastic blunt scissors.....Keep some 'special' learning toys, and books with sounds or sensory themes, in a cabinet that are only brought out for table top activities.....Cover the whole table with a sheet of the roll type paper (tape underneath) and let them color/paint it.
Some of these sound awesome! Small chalk boards. I loved that when I was younger.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Place a sheet of contact paper sticky side up, tape to the table, and give them cut out pieces of colored paper, pompoms, foam shapes, etc. and that'll keep them busy for awhile. My dcgs currently love playing with those magnet doll sets like you can find through Melissa and Doug. I've had a couple sets given to me and found a couple at yard sales. Just remove the smaller pieces.
Large beads and shoelaces.

Tags
activities, activities - table, table activities