Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
CountryRoads 07:31 AM 02-05-2019
Don't parents know that our day doesn't end when their kids go home?
Drop-in dcm was 20 minutes late last night Never sent a text to ask if it was alright. I had to text her and remind her that pick-up need to be done prior to closing at 5:30.
Shows up at 5:48. "Im sorry, we had a client come in at 5:15." Not my problem, lady.
Reply
springv 05:08 PM 02-05-2019
Had a dentist appointment this afternoon at 2:30 and after i helped with lunch about 11, I went to the infant classroom and relieved the teacher so that she could go and get lunch and while I was in the classroom another teacher texted me to ask if she could go and get lunch and I told her that i was in another classroom but I could when the teacher got back and when she got back I went and let the other teacher gland get lunch. The other teacher was gone from 12:28 until almost 1:00 and I finally got to eat lunch after she got back at one. Needless to say i was ��.
Reply
CountryRoads 06:27 AM 02-06-2019
And again....
ADULTS SHOULD KNOW TO TAKE OFF THEIR BOOTS WHEN THEY ARE COVERED IN SNOW BEFORE WALKING THROUGH SOMEONE'S HOUSE.
I'm about to go insane!!!!
Not ONE adult takes off their snowy boots before coming in my house. There are literal puddles upstairs and downstairs on our floor.
UGHHHHH
Reply
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 02-06-2019
I feel that I am only as valuable and loved as my last yes, today.

Ugh, bad week both personally and professionally.

I am so glad today is my Friday. I so badly need a recharge and new motivator.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and recharging weekend. Know you are not alone.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I feel that I am only as valuable and loved as my last yes, today.

Ugh, bad week both personally and professionally.

I am so glad today is my Friday. I so badly need a recharge and new motivator.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and recharging weekend. Know you are not alone.

Reply
MomBoss 09:18 AM 02-06-2019
Phantom runny nose. Every 30sec-1min dcb 2 asks me to wipe his nose. There are no boogers. I humored him a couple times and wiped his nose. But its really taking up my time now and if i wash my hands every 30seconds they will be super raw. He will keep asking and asking and eventually start crying if i dont do it. We are going on a week of this. Im so done.
Reply
Annalee 09:19 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I feel that I am only as valuable and loved as my last yes, today.

Ugh, bad week both personally and professionally.

I am so glad today is my Friday. I so badly need a recharge and new motivator.

I hope everyone has a fantastic and recharging weekend. Know you are not alone.
Hang in there!
Reply
Cat Herder 09:33 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Hang in there!
I am. Letting it all roll off. It was just my turn, I suppose.

Thanks, BC and Annalee.

Halfway through the day now.
Reply
loischerry 12:16 PM 02-07-2019
im sooo over the twins today! thing 2 literally shoved thing 1 outta dads truck this AM. dad has a lift kit on it ( his last hold over of a man vs dad thing) so its an extended trip to the ground. landed on the grassy side of the driveway in a puddle of mud/snow/grass. thank goodness it wasnt the cement side. dad was over it. i had to change thing 1 completely. then the kicking, hitting, tattling and rattling started. after 2 hrs of redirect, thinking times, and the dreaded flat out no, stop that. i finally emptied the playroom of all toys except the book bin and the pillows, took away all projects and tv times. an hr and half go by thinking theyve gotten with the program. i get up to warm lunches. ( 4 mins tops including my handwashing) come back, literally around the corner and find the pillows busted open & the bin upside down. and them in some sort of silent wwe wrestling match. after playing referee i set them down for lunch. send frustrated text to dad where dad answers back twins dont run in either family why was he the doomed one. needless to say they started nap at noon and are staying down until they wake themselves. dad is my younger brother. i love thing 1 and thing 2. so does my brother, theyve just been very trying the last few weeks, i think from growing and the inside weather and just being 4 yrs old. and when they are bad they give the new meaning to double trouble.

p.s. i should add we all lovingly call them thing 1 and thing 2. we also call them twinnies and twinners. my labeling is in no way meant to come out sounding mean and harsh, because that all gets lost in type.
Reply
MomBoss 01:24 PM 02-07-2019
Major snowstorm. We knew about this since 8pm last night that the snow will fall til friday morning. All kids still show up. Roads are horrible HORRIBLE . So currently trying to figure out how to remind parents of my late fee. If you know the weather is bad- you leave work early. If its really impossible to leave early, you come with late fee in hand without me having to ask for it.
Reply
Blackcat31 01:38 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Major snowstorm. We knew about this since 8pm last night that the snow will fall til friday morning. All kids still show up. Roads are horrible HORRIBLE . So currently trying to figure out how to remind parents of my late fee. If you know the weather is bad- you leave work early. If its really impossible to leave early, you come with late fee in hand without me having to ask for it.
Group text to ALL parents sent this afternoon for the same reasons you mention.....

"Group Text: Reminder.... ALL parents are expected to adhere to their contracted pick up time regardless of weather or road conditions. Please plan travel accordingly to avoid late fees. If timely pick up is not possible, please arrange for an alternate pick up person that can arrive by your contracted pick up time."

I always tell parents its a group text as I don't want one parent to feel targeted. Even if I really am only reminding one repeat offender.
Reply
MomBoss 01:53 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Group text to ALL parents sent this afternoon for the same reasons you mention.....

"Group Text: Reminder.... ALL parents are expected to adhere to their contracted pick up time regardless of weather or road conditions. Please plan travel accordingly to avoid late fees. If timely pick up is not possible, please arrange for an alternate pick up person that can arrive by your contracted pick up time."

I always tell parents its a group text as I don't want one parent to feel targeted. Even if I really am only reminding one repeat offender.
I wish i would have posted this sooner, thats a good text to send!
Reply
Josiegirl 03:15 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by loischerry:
im sooo over the twins today! thing 2 literally shoved thing 1 outta dads truck this AM. dad has a lift kit on it ( his last hold over of a man vs dad thing) so its an extended trip to the ground. landed on the grassy side of the driveway in a puddle of mud/snow/grass. thank goodness it wasnt the cement side. dad was over it. i had to change thing 1 completely. then the kicking, hitting, tattling and rattling started. after 2 hrs of redirect, thinking times, and the dreaded flat out no, stop that. i finally emptied the playroom of all toys except the book bin and the pillows, took away all projects and tv times. an hr and half go by thinking theyve gotten with the program. i get up to warm lunches. ( 4 mins tops including my handwashing) come back, literally around the corner and find the pillows busted open & the bin upside down. and them in some sort of silent wwe wrestling match. after playing referee i set them down for lunch. send frustrated text to dad where dad answers back twins dont run in either family why was he the doomed one. needless to say they started nap at noon and are staying down until they wake themselves. dad is my younger brother. i love thing 1 and thing 2. so does my brother, theyve just been very trying the last few weeks, i think from growing and the inside weather and just being 4 yrs old. and when they are bad they give the new meaning to double trouble.

p.s. i should add we all lovingly call them thing 1 and thing 2. we also call them twinnies and twinners. my labeling is in no way meant to come out sounding mean and harsh, because that all gets lost in type.
I love the thing 1 and thing 2 labels. Sounds like they wreak havoc just like Dr. Seuss's things. They can say all they want about Terrible Twos(and I have a couple of those at the moment) but twos ain't got nothing on those 4s and 5s. Fours and 5s have been practicing a lot longer and have gotten good at what they do, like tormenting everybody else. I remember back when my oldest dd was 5; I would've sold her for a quarter if I'd been able to find a willing buyer. JK of course.
Reply
Indoorvoice 05:58 AM 02-12-2019
Got snapped at by a dcm today when I tried to hurry her out the door because she was late to drop off and I had to get my kids out to the bus stop. She sees my kids dressed and standing there waiting for her and she's taking her sweet time saying goodbye and taking dcg out of the carseat. Sorry dcm, but I've got a job to do and your time isn't the only time that's important. Self centered people tend to be the only people I know these days.
Reply
Blackcat31 06:26 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Got snapped at by a dcm today when I tried to hurry her out the door because she was late to drop off and I had to get my kids out to the bus stop. She sees my kids dressed and standing there waiting for her and she's taking her sweet time saying goodbye and taking dcg out of the carseat. Sorry dcm, but I've got a job to do and your time isn't the only time that's important. Self centered people tend to be the only people I know these days.
yup!

Don't let her sour attitude ruin your day!

I am so over people who think everything about them is more important than everything else.
Reply
LostMyMarbles 07:24 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by loischerry:
im sooo over the twins today! thing 2 literally shoved thing 1 outta dads truck this AM. dad has a lift kit on it ( his last hold over of a man vs dad thing) so its an extended trip to the ground. landed on the grassy side of the driveway in a puddle of mud/snow/grass. thank goodness it wasnt the cement side. dad was over it. i had to change thing 1 completely. then the kicking, hitting, tattling and rattling started. after 2 hrs of redirect, thinking times, and the dreaded flat out no, stop that. i finally emptied the playroom of all toys except the book bin and the pillows, took away all projects and tv times. an hr and half go by thinking theyve gotten with the program. i get up to warm lunches. ( 4 mins tops including my handwashing) come back, literally around the corner and find the pillows busted open & the bin upside down. and them in some sort of silent wwe wrestling match. after playing referee i set them down for lunch. send frustrated text to dad where dad answers back twins dont run in either family why was he the doomed one. needless to say they started nap at noon and are staying down until they wake themselves. dad is my younger brother. i love thing 1 and thing 2. so does my brother, theyve just been very trying the last few weeks, i think from growing and the inside weather and just being 4 yrs old. and when they are bad they give the new meaning to double trouble.

p.s. i should add we all lovingly call them thing 1 and thing 2. we also call them twinnies and twinners. my labeling is in no way meant to come out sounding mean and harsh, because that all gets lost in type.

We have twins here. The dad also calls them thing 1 and thing 2. Its cute. I can feel your pain. Mine are now 10. They are loud. They talk over each other and everyone else. It gets easier with consistency ...and age. Lol
Reply
gumdrops 07:28 AM 02-13-2019
This morning at 7:00, I asked DCM when baby ate last...ummmÖ 2:00am

The fact that she had to think about it tells me she knows she was in the wrong for not feeding her before drop off!
Reply
Hunni Bee 06:18 AM 02-14-2019
I'm starting to hate those shirts with sequins that flip over to another picture. I just had to forcibly remove my ADHD sensory seeker's hands from someone's body because he basically tackled her to touch the sequins
Reply
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I'm starting to hate those shirts with sequins that flip over to another picture. I just had to forcibly remove my ADHD sensory seeker's hands from someone's body because he basically tackled her to touch the sequins

I've banned them already.

One of my little DCG's showed up with a long sleeved top and pants all made from the same sequin stuff.

The other kids spent the day following her around like she was a mobile petting zoo....it got to be way too much so I just told all my DCM's that those types of shirts were no longer allowed.
Reply
sharlan 07:56 AM 02-14-2019
Saying "NO" won't harm your child.

If you can't control a 2/3 year old, how in the world are you going to control a 14/15/16 year old? Learn now.
Reply
Snowmom 09:26 AM 02-14-2019
Ugh Husbands.

It's hard enough when he decides to work from home and is completely oblivious to how loud he is during nap time.
But now that we have a new puppy, he lets her out of the kennel and forgets to watch her 2.5 minutes after letting her out. I've walked upstairs twice today finding the pup chewing on daycare kid's shoes or pooping on my entrance rug. I blow my gasket on him and he gets mad that I'm disrupting his business phone call.

Oh no you didn't!

I may be a widow later today.
Reply
Ac114 11:30 AM 02-14-2019
I’ve had enough of one of my DCMs. I’ve had to remind her about policies from the beginning. First it was her being extremely late, then her not paying on time. Now she has this demeanor that she’s just annoyed with everything and everyone every single day. She was rude to one of my other daycare moms on the way out the door and also my son which I was unaware of but my husband caught the whole thing. Looking for a replacement as we speak but I’m just over her.
Reply
CountryRoads 01:37 PM 02-14-2019
I thought everyone knows NEVER to ask a woman if she is pregnant.

Yesterday, I had a woman ask me "How long?" I just stared at her and said "What?" She said "Oh, never mind."

It's called belly fat lady. I wish I could have come up with a comeback.

How frickin' rude.
Reply
finsup 06:11 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I thought everyone knows NEVER to ask a woman if she is pregnant.

Yesterday, I had a woman ask me "How long?" I just stared at her and said "What?" She said "Oh, never mind."

It's called belly fat lady. I wish I could have come up with a comeback.

How frickin' rude.
I had that happen once. I was with my then two year old and my belly never really went back to being flat but still, 140lbs at most. The woman asked when I was due, and I just kind of brushed it off. She kept pushing and I was just like "yeah... I'm not." The look of embarrassment on her face made it a bit better but it still stung. Maybe more so then it would have at that time because I had just had a miscarriage a few weeks earlier. But seriously, you would think people who have more common sense. I'm sorry it happened to you too, ignore them and hopefully they learn from it and don't do it to someone else again.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:16 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by finsup:
I had that happen once. I was with my then two year old and my belly never really went back to being flat but still, 140lbs at most. The woman asked when I was due, and I just kind of brushed it off. She kept pushing and I was just like "yeah... I'm not." The look of embarrassment on her face made it a bit better but it still stung. Maybe more so then it would have at that time because I had just had a miscarriage a few weeks earlier. But seriously, you would think people who have more common sense. I'm sorry it happened to you too, ignore them and hopefully they learn from it and don't do it to someone else again.

Some people are stupid and have no filter.
Reply
CountryRoads 06:46 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by finsup:
I had that happen once. I was with my then two year old and my belly never really went back to being flat but still, 140lbs at most. The woman asked when I was due, and I just kind of brushed it off. She kept pushing and I was just like "yeah... I'm not." The look of embarrassment on her face made it a bit better but it still stung. Maybe more so then it would have at that time because I had just had a miscarriage a few weeks earlier. But seriously, you would think people who have more common sense. I'm sorry it happened to you too, ignore them and hopefully they learn from it and don't do it to someone else again.
Yes, I hope she was embarrassed enough that she thinks twice before doing that again.

I wanted to go home and burn the shirt I was wearing lol

Such a confidence booster
Reply
springv 03:15 PM 02-16-2019
We had 2 kids start this and two more starting Monday, the 2 new kids that started this week came in on the first day the youngest came in with a diaper soaked and no diapers not only that but the oldest had an accident and no clothes to change him into plus their immunization card was fixing to expire. Our administer called the numbers that were listed on their preadmission sheet and all but one was disconnected. That was my week, how was yours??
Reply
Josiegirl 03:47 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
We had 2 kids start this and two more starting Monday, the 2 new kids that started this week came in on the first day the youngest came in with a diaper soaked and no diapers not only that but the oldest had an accident and no clothes to change him into plus their immunization card was fixing to expire. Our administer called the numbers that were listed on their preadmission sheet and all but one was disconnected. That was my week, how was yours??
Wow. I'd be letting them go asap. But it sounds like you work in a center and that's not your call. I really believe administrators/directors of centers should choose to let dcfs go that don't follow rules. I know it's not always that simple but they should support their employees more. Teachers/directors, etc. all seem to let too much go and parents are not held as accountable as they should be.
Good luck and hope next week improves!!
Reply
springv 07:53 PM 02-16-2019
Thanks @josiegirl, next week will be better because I'm only working three days . The one that had the youngest one without diapers complained and stated that she should keep her mouth shut. She got ill and complained enough that I heard it and went and told the administrator what she had said so the other girl that overheard it went and told the original teller what I had told. If that makes sense.
Reply
MomBoss 06:07 AM 02-18-2019
When a parent doesnt work because of a holiday and still brings their child knowing he will be the only one alone in daycare because the other parents have off ..
How sad.
Reply
CountryRoads 06:33 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
When a parent doesnt work because of a holiday and still brings their child knowing he will be the only one alone in daycare because the other parents have off ..
How sad.
I have one family that always does that, too. She ALWAYS brings her kids when she has the day off and I'm open. I decided to be closed today since none of my families needed care and I rarely get days with my youngest anymore. She was so annoyed that she couldn't dump them off with me. She has admitted to me that she's ready to send them back to daycare by Saturday night. I'll never understand.
Reply
Ms.Kay 06:56 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I have one family that always does that, too. She ALWAYS brings her kids when she has the day off and I'm open. I decided to be closed today since none of my families needed care and I rarely get days with my youngest anymore. She was so annoyed that she couldn't dump them off with me. She has admitted to me that she's ready to send them back to daycare by Saturday night. I'll never understand.
Nor I. Two families...here. 4 yr old is crying because none of her friends are here. Mom left her crying with me as she drove home.......cold....just cold.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
Nor I. Two families...here. 4 yr old is crying because none of her friends are here. Mom left her crying with me as she drove home.......cold....just cold.
Oh heck no.... I am open and have kids that have parents that are off but if I had one that was crying because of it, I'd call for pick up.

It's one thing to dump your kid but when the kid knows you are dumping them and you leave me to deal with it, it changes everything.

I won't deal with that.

I'm sorry you have a client so disrespectful to you and her own child.
Reply
amberrose3dg 04:49 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
Nor I. Two families...here. 4 yr old is crying because none of her friends are here. Mom left her crying with me as she drove home.......cold....just cold.
Yep I would of called for pick up. This is why I close now for all federal holidays. I refuse to have children that are dumped with me because parents want time to themselves.
I kinda wonder why some parents even have kids since they want others to raise them!
Reply
CountryRoads 09:00 AM 02-19-2019
That one child that always comes back with a diaper rash after the weekend.
Reply
nannyde 03:01 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
When a parent doesnt work because of a holiday and still brings their child knowing he will be the only one alone in daycare because the other parents have off ..
How sad.
They look at it as a day when their child gets one to one attention all day long. It's a very positive thing to pay for a group slot and get nanny care for a day.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:40 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by nannyde:
They look at it as a day when their child gets one to one attention all day long. It's a very positive thing to pay for a group slot and get nanny care for a day.
Yes, and we're supposed to be ecstatic about a lesser crew. "must be like a vacation" they say.
Reply
Ms.Kay 04:24 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes, and we're supposed to be ecstatic about a lesser crew. "must be like a vacation" they say.
And then prents tell the child not to cry...Im sure Ms./Mr. X has something extra special for you today!!! Nope. And if the child asks where their friends are ..I will blantanly tell them....they are home with their mom and dads having a day fun with them.
Reply
amberrose3dg 05:58 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
And then prents tell the child not to cry...Im sure Ms./Mr. X has something extra special for you today!!! Nope. And if the child asks where their friends are ..I will blantanly tell them....they are home with their mom and dads having a day fun with them.
I will not stay open for one child. Should have a policy for that. Then put mom on the spot, "it just be you and mom today dcc. Mom must have something extra special for you today."
Reply
Hunni Bee 10:12 AM 02-20-2019
It is disgusting outside (freezing rain/slush, mud, general misery), they randomly made me go on break at 11 am in the middle of class time, another class used the gym for a whole hour so no gross motor for us, and NO ONE IS LISTENING AT ALL.
Reply
springv 12:20 PM 02-20-2019
Dcm finally brought the older child today because the little brother was sick (sibling set that I had posted about the other day) Had a call yesterday about another sibling set that need care because they are not satisfied where they are at and had child start today that was pulled from a competitor daycare up the road from us yesterday. In addition to all of that, we closed early today because the schools closed because of bad weather
Reply
storybookending 06:48 PM 02-21-2019
I live in the very large 8-12 inch band.... OVER THIS. Weíve already had almost 40 inches just since February 1st! I know I live in WI but DAMN this is over the top extreme even for here. Iím getting my roof shoveled off tomorrow because the drift on my garage is at least 4 foot tall! At least our news anchors are comical..

At least itís a weekend? The school district announced the plans to make up our 6 snow days earlier this week and didnít mince words when they said if there are more snow days they will basically be forced to extend the school year to the week of June 10th
Attached: E609C6AB-E334-447E-B9B1-0A48416E1956.jpg (179.7 KB) 
Reply
MomBoss 01:00 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
And then prents tell the child not to cry...Im sure Ms./Mr. X has something extra special for you today!!! Nope. And if the child asks where their friends are ..I will blantanly tell them....they are home with their mom and dads having a day fun with them.
Right. Not a special day. Ill use it to organize paperwork as the child plays all by himself.
Reply
Indoorvoice 02:11 PM 02-25-2019
People who can't (or won't) take a hint are the worst kind of people. I have kept track recently of the number of times my neighbor has asked for her daughter to come play at my house after school and stay for dinner on a school night. 12 school nights out of 20 so far in February! I have said no every single time. And that doesn't even count the weekends! Stop texting me!
Reply
amberrose3dg 04:48 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
People who can't (or won't) take a hint are the worst kind of people. I have kept track recently of the number of times my neighbor has asked for her daughter to come play at my house after school and stay for dinner on a school night. 12 school nights out of 20 so far in February! I have said no every single time. And that doesn't even count the weekends! Stop texting me!
You pay like everyone else lady!

Reply
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 02-26-2019
Trying to cancel DirectTV is like trying to leave a cult.
Reply
CountryRoads 09:46 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Trying to cancel DirectTV is like trying to leave a cult.
YES!

We cancelled last year and is was a pain. Every single person I talked to tried to convince us to stay after saying "no" over and over and over.

If you have any equipment to send back, make sure you keep the tracking number. We returned all of our equipment and the next month, we got a bill that was over $200! They said that we didn't return the equipment. I looked up the tracking number and it was delivered THE NEXT DAY after we mailed it off. I chatted with them online and told him that I kept the tracking number and it was delivered. The guy said "Okay, I'll reverse that fee."

I felt like they just hoped I would pay the fee to avoid dealing with it.

They STILL call me. I've had to block all their numbers.
Reply
Jupadia 01:02 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Trying to cancel DirectTV is like trying to leave a cult.
We called our cable when I went on mat leave with my first, no equipment was needed then so nothing to return the next month I got a bill, called complained they fixed the bill. But never came out to actually turn off the cable. We ended up with free channels for almost 3 years, but they faded away one by one as all the channels went digital. Never did call them about it, cause it was their issue and our luck.
Good luck
Reply
CountryRoads 03:16 PM 02-26-2019
Probably going to have to spend $1500+ to fence our entire property to keep the neighbors dogs out. Why get dogs if you're just going to let them roam where ever they please?

Their dog tries to jump in dcf's cars, tries to come in our house, jumps on everybody who comes here. Everyone is afraid they are going to run her over. She was inches away from getting run over by a bus this morning.

The perks of living out of town.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:19 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Probably going to have to spend $1500+ to fence our entire property to keep the neighbors dogs out. Why get dogs if you're just going to let the roam where ever they please?

Their dog tries to jump in dcf's cars, tries to come in our house, jumps on everybody who comes here. Everyone is afraid they are going to run her over. She was inches away from getting run over by a bus this morning.

The perks of living out of town.
Ugh!! Sorry the burden is on you to pay for fencing but in the long run it'll be safer for the kiddos too. Plus it's deductible for a business expense. Still $ucks tho.
My 2 dogs are the only 2 on my street who aren't allowed to run amok. The others are okay about staying near their own yards but they tend to roam sometimes. One of my neighbors' backyard seems to have become the neighborhood pooping spot for the roamers.
Reply
MomBoss 05:25 AM 02-27-2019
Whats with all the food allergies nowadays? Every single dck is allergic to something, making meal planning a headache...
Reply
Blackcat31 05:58 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Whats with all the food allergies nowadays? Every single dck is allergic to something, making meal planning a headache...
Honestly, I believe that only a small percentage of food allergies are actually that.

I think some are real, some are misdiagnosed, some are simply an intolerance to a certain food/food group (and child outgrows) and the rest as just attempts to label their child as "special".
Reply
Snowmom 06:04 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Probably going to have to spend $1500+ to fence our entire property to keep the neighbors dogs out. Why get dogs if you're just going to let them roam where ever they please?

Their dog tries to jump in dcf's cars, tries to come in our house, jumps on everybody who comes here. Everyone is afraid they are going to run her over. She was inches away from getting run over by a bus this morning.

The perks of living out of town.
Oh boy!
Irresponsible pet owners are the worst!

Are you friends or on good terms with the owners?
If it were me, I'd tell them that I run a business here and the dogs are consistently on my property and endangering the safety of others. I would also tell them that if anyone gets bit, I WILL tell them who owns the dog and where to find them.

But yes, I'd get a fence too.
Reply
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
as just attempts to label their child as "special".


DCK has been here over two years, since 2 weeks old. Has been on my regular menus this whole time. DCP sent me an email with an "updated" allergy list. DCK enrollment forms and bi-annual feeding forms (5 signatures, total) state nothing about allergies. New list claims eggs, nuts, milk, wheat, soy....

DCK has eaten every one of those without incident the whole time, was on regular Enfamil, did whole milk for a solid year before going to 2%. I am not changing anything without doctors orders.
Reply
Baby Beluga 08:05 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Honestly, I believe that only a small percentage of food allergies are actually that.

I think some are real, some are misdiagnosed, some are simply an intolerance to a certain food/food group (and child outgrows) and the rest as just attempts to label their child as "special".


This is why I require the actual test results and date the allergies were diagnosed, along with other doctor information. I also require parents to provide their child's meals if they have allergies.

I have found that those with true allergies usually already have the required documentation and are happy to provide it. Those who don't have true allergies, don't have the docs and are put out by having to provide it all, thus eliminating the "special" parents.
Reply
springv 09:25 AM 02-27-2019
The two kids that started 2 weeks ago never came back. They are the two kids that mom gave us numbers that were disconnected when our administrator tried to call because the youngest didn't have any pullups and the oldest had an accident and didn't have any clothes
Reply
CountryRoads 06:37 AM 02-28-2019
A seriously nosey dcm.

She has to know who every drop-in kid is, who their parents are, why someone is absent.

She would always look at the sign-in sheet and would make comments about how early someone arrived or how late they picked up. I changed my sign-in method so she has to put in a code and can only see her kids' info and no one else's. Still didn't stop the comments.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
A seriously nosey dcm.

She has to know who every drop-in kid is, who their parents are, why someone is absent.

She would always look at the sign-in sheet and would make comments about how early someone arrived or how late they picked up. I changed my sign-in method so she has to put in a code and can only see her kids' info and no one else's. Still didn't stop the comments.
What are you using for sign in?
Reply
CountryRoads 07:08 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What are you using for sign in?
Brightwheel
Reply
LittleExplorers 07:17 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:


This is why I require the actual test results and date the allergies were diagnosed, along with other doctor information. I also require parents to provide their child's meals if they have allergies.

I have found that those with true allergies usually already have the required documentation and are happy to provide it. Those who don't have true allergies, don't have the docs and are put out by having to provide it all, thus eliminating the "special" parents.
Exactly! Or it's just a personal choice. I do accomodate sensitivities if documented as well. My boys were lactose sensitive but not allergic.
Reply
Snowmom 06:19 AM 03-01-2019
I like my personal bubble space.
I really don't mind the kids getting in it occasionally because that's how kids are.... but lady, when I pick up your child after you've taken her coat and shoes off, please don't lean in 2 inches from my face to give her a kiss. You're a nice lady, for sure, but I don't enjoy your lips so close to me and smelling what you had for breakfast.
Reply
storybookending 07:07 AM 03-01-2019
According to the sign in the first child arrived today at 7:45. By 8:07 all 4 of them had thrown some sort of tantrum. TGIF hoping the snow holds off until later tonight so I can take a little 45 minute road trip for dinner with my friends. Pizza Ranch is calling our names. Although at this point 2-4 inches is nothing.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
According to the sign in the first child arrived today at 7:45. By 8:07 all 4 of them had thrown some sort of tantrum. TGIF hoping the snow holds off until later tonight so I can take a little 45 minute road trip for dinner with my friends. Pizza Ranch is calling our names. Although at this point 2-4 inches is nothing.
I had a DCM came in this morning with 2 dozen chocolate
frosted donuts with sprinkles. She was also armed with apologies in advance.

No worries mom. Fridays are super silly days anyways and 2 dozen provides enough for a P.M. snack AND one to take home (for every kid). Sorry not sorry.

....and the 2-4 inches....my DH keeps saying that's just enough to keep the snowbanks looking pretty and white.
I'm looking forward to Spring for sure but it's so brown and ugly.

I think the snow will start here before heading your way....I'll let you know when it starts falling here.
Reply
storybookending 08:10 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I had a DCM came in this morning with 2 dozen chocolate
frosted donuts with sprinkles. She was also armed with apologies in advance.

No worries mom. Fridays are super silly days anyways and 2 dozen provides enough for a P.M. snack AND one to take home (for every kid). Sorry not sorry.

....and the 2-4 inches....my DH keeps saying that's just enough to keep the snowbanks looking pretty and white.
I'm looking forward to Spring for sure but it's so brown and ugly.

I think the snow will start here before heading your way....I'll let you know when it starts falling here.
Treats are welcome here but they will ALWAYS be a PM snack. We had a family wedding a few weeks ago that both my cousin and I stood up in. She also runs a daycare and she closed the Friday before and I did not. They went and got pedicures and stuff that morning and that is just not my thing so I stayed open and I took her child as a drop in while they went and did that. She shows up to my house with her child and about 40 doughtnut holes. Needless to say her child left after lunch and my original daycare kids enjoyed a few in the afternoon. I might have eaten the rest..

As for the 2-4 inches I am not even bothered by it at this point. I have never seen this much snow in my lifetime. The weatherman said that February has officially been our snowiest month on record and we have already surpassed totals to make this our snowiest winter on record. There is no where left to put the snow. Some area towns have instructed their residents to stop shoveling sidewalks as they have decided the best solution is to plow all the extra snow on the roads on to them. I plow paths through my backyard so we can still have outdoors time and the children could essentially jump the fence if they were so inclined as the snow piled up next to it is only 1-2 feet from the top. I have pictures of the kids standing by it because it’s hilarious. And to think I have a picture of them chasing my sister around the backyard that is dated January 16th and there is zero snow on the ground and just a bit of ice. It’s insanity. I’m more concerned about the melting process. My garage roof leaks on a mild winter, I had it raked once but it’s piled up again and now there is ice build up as it reached above freezing temps last weekend and some started to melt and then refroze. There’s been a few reports or area businesses and barns that have actually had their roofs collapse. Never seen anything like this.
Reply
nanglgrl 09:00 AM 03-01-2019
I just need to vent. It's been a horrible winter and my daycare has seen more illness this winter than the past 3 combined. I actually had to reinstate a policy I had gotten rid of that required siblings of sick children to also stay home. There was a definite trend of the well sibling coming to daycare, becoming sick within a few days of their sibling (usually at daycare), and every other child picking up the illness within hours of each other. I have two sibling sets (its been a long time since I've had siblings since I don't accept under nine months or schoolagers) and it was so hard to tell parents that we'd be going back to the old policy. They have to pay for the spot and I understand how unfair it seems when they have to keep a well child home and still pay. However, it had become incredibly obvious because of how the spreads of illnesses were occurring that the majority were being spread by asymptomatic siblings of sick children.

For years using the 24/48 policy I learned about on this board worked so well and not only got rid of dose and drops but also made parents a lot more likely to keep children home when they weren't exhibiting symptoms I exclude for but were definitely showing signs that they were becoming sick with more than a common cold. It seemed parents had a "better safe than sorry" motto. Then it just changed. I'm not sure why. I know part of the change started with having sibling sets and I don't know how to fix it.

Also, I'm so tired of parents not knowing their child enough to recognize when they're becoming sick. Why do they need me to be the one to say at drop off "X has his sick eyes" or "J is chewing on his lips like he does when he's getting sick" etc. Are they ignoring the fact that their child, who usually wants to eat constantly but suddenly won't touch breakfast is showing signs of being ill? Are they oblivious when their child who usually fights sleep with every ounce of their being won't get out of bed in the morning?

Another thing, most of the ones that do keep them home always give me generic symptoms. "A little cough", "a low-grade fever", "didn't sleep well"...please, you've brought them to daycare when they vomited the night before (I found out later) so why would you keep them home for a slight cold? Your child has influenza. Why can't you just admit that your child is sick with symptoms that require exclusion?

Oh, and your 3 year old is now very capable and incredibly excited to tell me about how she got medicine/vomited etc. before daycare and I believe her. When I confront you and you say "that was this weekend" or some other nonsense I don't believe you.

I'm just so darn exhausted and sick of sickness and winter.
Reply
LittleExplorers 09:12 AM 03-01-2019
DCM dropped off soon to be 2 year old in a rush 20 min late to work because DCG threw a tantrum over what hat to wear so Mom went through all the hats in the house to find one she wanted.

This should be a fun stage with DCG if daycare is the only place she hears the word no......
Reply
Blackcat31 10:08 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:

As for the 2-4 inches I am not even bothered by it at this point. I have never seen this much snow in my lifetime. The weatherman said that February has officially been our snowiest month on record and we have already surpassed totals to make this our snowiest winter on record. There is no where left to put the snow. Some area towns have instructed their residents to stop shoveling sidewalks as they have decided the best solution is to plow all the extra snow on the roads on to them. I plow paths through my backyard so we can still have outdoors time and the children could essentially jump the fence if they were so inclined as the snow piled up next to it is only 1-2 feet from the top. I have pictures of the kids standing by it because itís hilarious. And to think I have a picture of them chasing my sister around the backyard that is dated January 16th and there is zero snow on the ground and just a bit of ice. Itís insanity. Iím more concerned about the melting process. My garage roof leaks on a mild winter, I had it raked once but itís piled up again and now there is ice build up as it reached above freezing temps last weekend and some started to melt and then refroze. Thereís been a few reports or area businesses and barns that have actually had their roofs collapse. Never seen anything like this.
This tells me how old you are.

This is really more normal for every winter I've ever experienced. It's only been since the mid 90ies that things have been more mild as far as snow fall goes.

The last winter that it was like this was probably when you were about 2 yrs old.

Anyways.....it's started snowing here.
Reply
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This tells me how old you are.

This is really more normal for every winter I've ever experienced. It's only been since the mid 90ies that things have been more mild as far as snow fall goes.

The last winter that it was like this was probably when you were about 2 yrs old.

Anyways.....it's started snowing here.
and this tells you how old I am.
Reply
storybookending 10:16 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This tells me how old you are.

This is really more normal for every winter I've ever experienced. It's only been since the mid 90ies that things have been more mild as far as snow fall goes.

The last winter that it was like this was probably when you were about 2 yrs old.

Anyways.....it's started snowing here.
Yeah my parents talk about how this is how it used to be all the time! I was born in 91. But for the record almost all of my high school memories are already gone as well If I vaguely remember something from my childhood I have to text old friends to ask because my memory is the worst.
Reply
storybookending 10:18 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
and this tells you how old I am.
My mom is 50 in a few weeks
Reply
Ms.Kay 10:49 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
My mom is 50 in a few weeks
Oh..Im with BC...that's is the norm here for snow and ice....Im a hour outside buffalo...so as we say its all the way the wind blows!( off the great lakes)lake effect is like predicting the wind!..we often joke about the storm.of 1977.....I was 10. 'nuff said.🤣
Reply
DaveA 05:37 AM 03-04-2019
Snow day today. Yuck

Snowed a few inches yesterday. Not bad but it was powdery and the wind was supposed to be brutal last night and this morning so dangerous wind chill and drifting/ blowing on roads were predicted. School decided to call last evening instead of waiting till last minute. Wind died down early last night. So temps are cold but not ridiculous and roads are fine. No one else closed down. Oops. Our school district is going to catch holy heck from all sides.
Reply
sharlan 06:03 AM 03-04-2019
Is it bad that after not being around kids for 4 days, I dont want to get up today?
Reply
Jupadia 06:03 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Yeah my parents talk about how this is how it used to be all the time! I was born in 91. But for the record almost all of my high school memories are already gone as well If I vaguely remember something from my childhood I have to text old friends to ask because my memory is the worst.

I wont lie when you typed your birth year it actually took me a minute to think adult. I'm only about 11 years older but its the same year as my brother was born. I still have his baby face flash in my head when I see him, and he has a kid older then mine.
Reply
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I wont lie when you typed your birth year it actually took me a minute to think adult. I'm only about 11 years older but its the same year as my brother was born. I still have his baby face flash in my head when I see him, and he has a kid older then mine.
This happens every time I talk to a new parent or provider.
When they mention their age, I think nothing of it but as soon as they say the year, I am like "Are you even old enough to drive etc?"

It's a shocker sometimes to realize how old I am.
Reply
DaveA 12:21 PM 03-04-2019
It's not just age- there's 4 years between DW & I. She grew up in cities and I lived a few miles from a town of 60 growing up. Our childhood and teenage experiences are so unrelatable/ different as to be laughable.

But yeah- when a DCP tells me their age and my first thought is "I have hammers older than you" it hits home I'm old.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:27 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
It's not just age- there's 4 years between DW & I. She grew up in cities and I lived a few miles from a town of 60 growing up. Our childhood and teenage experiences are so unrelatable/ different as to be laughable.

But yeah- when a DCP tells me their age and my first thought is "I have hammers older than you" it hits home I'm old.
I really love it when dcks tell me I'm older than their grandparents.
Reply
Aussiedaycare 09:52 PM 03-04-2019
I turned forty last month - no big deal, not worried about my age at all.
Was talking to a parent that I have had in care for the past two years. Her age had never been brought up, never had the need to talk about it.
This week she tells me that she's so excited because something big is happening in her life and being 27 it's even more special.
Everything after that was a blur because all I could think was - holy crap, I am old - I am looking after the children of parents that are in the same age bracket as one of my children (she is only 6 years older than my oldest).
Never have I ever felt so old. Give me 5 - 10 years and I will be back talking about how old I am because I am looking after the children of children I used to look after
Reply
CountryRoads 08:28 AM 03-06-2019
When a child, who has been out sick all week, is now old enough to tell me his mom gave him medicine this morning
Reply
Annalee 09:39 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Aussiedaycare:
I turned forty last month - no big deal, not worried about my age at all.
Was talking to a parent that I have had in care for the past two years. Her age had never been brought up, never had the need to talk about it.
This week she tells me that she's so excited because something big is happening in her life and being 27 it's even more special.
Everything after that was a blur because all I could think was - holy crap, I am old - I am looking after the children of parents that are in the same age bracket as one of my children (she is only 6 years older than my oldest).
Never have I ever felt so old. Give me 5 - 10 years and I will be back talking about how old I am because I am looking after the children of children I used to look after
I have put a kid in kindy that I kept the father. I now have dcb3 and dcg3 whom I kept their mothers. I may hit my third generation of kids.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:51 PM 03-06-2019
Just one week. I'd be so glad to go through just one week without a child getting scratched, hair pulled, toy stolen. That's only five work days. Really. It's not too much to ask is it?
And now 21 mo's mom told me he bit her this a.m. Oh Lord, please don't let him bite at daycare. He may just be on his way out if that starts here.
Reply
Aussiedaycare 09:38 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have put a kid in kindy that I kept the father. I now have dcb3 and dcg3 whom I kept their mothers. I may hit my third generation of kids.
Oh my goodness!! In some ways, I'm thinking that's so amazing in other ways I'm thinking Oh my goodness!!
Reply
Blackcat31 06:11 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have put a kid in kindy that I kept the father. I now have dcb3 and dcg3 whom I kept their mothers. I may hit my third generation of kids.
I just helped one of my former daycare babies open her own daycare business. Definitely makes me feel old.
Reply
Pepperth 10:09 AM 03-07-2019
When administrators and committees make decisions about the program without having a clue about what the local market is like. Then wonder why enrollment is low.
Reply
Ariana 10:11 AM 03-07-2019
Not really a vent but I love it when parents are so gung ho about potty training and they think their child is a genius and they announce they are going to try undies and it backfires in their face

I could have told you so mom and dad but hey, you didn’t bother to ask since you all are child experts having had ONE kid
Reply
Indoorvoice 01:54 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Not really a vent but I love it when parents are so gung ho about potty training and they think their child is a genius and they announce they are going to try undies and it backfires in their face

I could have told you so mom and dad but hey, you didnít bother to ask since you all are child experts having had ONE kid
One of my guilty pleasures is when parents are wrong and I get to say something passively aggressively about it.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:09 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
One of my guilty pleasures is when parents are wrong and I get to say something passively aggressively about it.
Hahaha wicked wicked wicked I love it.
Reply
Ms.Kay 03:17 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
One of my guilty pleasures is when parents are wrong and I get to say something passively aggressively about it.
Bahahahaha!! I live for those days😈😈😈
Reply
CountryRoads 06:23 AM 03-08-2019
Does anyone else have those parents that make excuses for their child's sickness? Like they can't ever just say that their child is sick?

Dcm: "He was completely fine when we got home, idk what his deal is." "I think he's making himself sick - he doesn't even have a fever." "First thing he wanted to do is play when he got home."

Ya - let's just ignore the fact that all his siblings are home sick and you picked up his brother from school because he puked, too. It MUST be something else besides a stomach bug.
Reply
Indoorvoice 09:10 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Does anyone else have those parents that make excuses for their child's sickness? Like they can't ever just say that their child is sick?

Dcm: "He was completely fine when we got home, idk what his deal is." "I think he's making himself sick - he doesn't even have a fever." "First thing he wanted to do is play when he got home."

Ya - let's just ignore the fact that all his siblings are home sick and you picked up his brother from school because he puked, too. It MUST be something else besides a stomach bug.
Constantly. I get the "he's making himself sick" all the time. Sure,a 1 year old totally has the ability to think through faking an illness... I almost never have had a parent admit illness until it's ER worthy.
Reply
e.j. 09:36 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Not really a vent but I love it when parents are so gung ho about potty training and they think their child is a genius and they announce they are going to try undies and it backfires in their face

I could have told you so mom and dad but hey, you didnít bother to ask since you all are child experts having had ONE kid
I had a dcm who dressed her son in undies one morning and tried to drop him off here at day care. She insisted he was trained; I explained that while that might be true at home, despite my best efforts, he was still having frequent accidents here and needed to be in pull-ups. As she continued to argue the point with me, she picked him up and began reminding him that he would need to tell me when he needed to use the potty. He nodded his head and peed all over her business suit.
Reply
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I had a dcm who dressed her son in undies one morning and tried to drop him off here at day care. She insisted he was trained; I explained that while that might be true at home, despite my best efforts, he was still having frequent accidents here and needed to be in pull-ups. As she continued to argue the point with me, she picked him up and began reminding him that he would need to tell me when he needed to use the potty. He nodded his head and peed all over her business suit.


I sooo needed this chuckle!! What was dcm's reaction? Eating crow or blaming you?
Reply
Flowerchild 11:18 AM 03-08-2019
Afterschool kids here for a couple days. They act like rules don't apply to them and refuse to clean up their toys after I ask. Not even to get ready for lunch. Now he's making noise during nap because they let them play i nstead of being quite with books or coloring. He's literally in the middle of the floor and they wake the kids up early. Between the kids trying to sleep or lay down quietly keeping kids quiet and the nap music my anxiety is up and I'm feeling irritated. Ugh.
Reply
Flowerchild 11:32 AM 03-08-2019
I asked him yo stay away from the kids while playing and he goes right back to the table stepping on a kids mat. So annoying. I hate it when after school is here. They don't belong in a preschool room.
Reply
e.j. 02:24 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:


I sooo needed this chuckle!! What was dcm's reaction? Eating crow or blaming you?
She looked at me like this: and agreed he needed to stay in Pull-Ups. I gave that kid a big hug and a kiss after she left. His timing could not have been better! She definitely ate some crow that morning. I didn't have any trouble with her trying to push undies after that!
Reply
Indoorvoice 05:36 AM 03-11-2019
WHY do parents continuously not feel the need to tell me when they're going to be more than an hour late or not coming at all for a scheduled day? It's so rude! I've addressed it so many times and I'm DONE!
Reply
Jiminycrickets 03:25 PM 03-11-2019
Oh, my gosh, day care parents, I'm sorry my water heater died Sunday night. I'm sorry I have to close BY LAW when I don't have hot water. I'm sorry the plumbers couldn't get here today and there's no way to be sure that when they do get here they will fix it right away, so I can't guarantee when I will be open again. I understand you have to work, but I promise I want my hot water back worse than you do! I'm disgusting and dirty, my kids are disgusting and dirty, my house is disgusting and dirty and I'm losing $200+ a day while I am closed. Sulky guilt-tripping texts don't help.
Reply
amberrose3dg 03:48 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I had a dcm who dressed her son in undies one morning and tried to drop him off here at day care. She insisted he was trained; I explained that while that might be true at home, despite my best efforts, he was still having frequent accidents here and needed to be in pull-ups. As she continued to argue the point with me, she picked him up and began reminding him that he would need to tell me when he needed to use the potty. He nodded his head and peed all over her business suit.
Oh that is awesome!
Reply
springv 04:22 PM 03-11-2019
Why do parents think that it's ok to leave dirty clothes in their child's cubby for days after we've already told them that they have dirty clothes in their cubbies 🤢
Reply
Michael 05:13 PM 03-11-2019
This is not a vent. I just wanted to be the 5000th post on this thread.
Reply
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60  ... Last
Reply Up