Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Say I Don't Remember You...
284878 08:19 AM 12-01-2020
Have you ever had a parent contact you and act as you should know them without explaining why?

I just got an email from a family that made reference to a conversation that we once had. She talked as if it was just a while ago but I do not recall talking to her.

How do you kindly say, I do not remember you?
Ariana 08:46 AM 12-01-2020
"I'm sorry but you will have to refresh my memory, when did we have this conversation?" Maybe throw in an "I'm getting old joke as well.
Gemma 08:50 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
"I'm getting old joke as well.
brilliant!

Nope, never happen to me!
Ariana 08:52 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Gemma:
brilliant!

Nope, never happen to me!
I use this ALL.THE.TIME because it's actually true and my memory doesn't work very well
284878 10:05 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
"I'm sorry but you will have to refresh my memory, when did we have this conversation?" Maybe throw in an "I'm getting old joke as well.
So I decided to search my email account for her name and it came up from June 2019. lol Sure enough we did talk about those things. Good things I don't delete old emails.

In the old emails, We had decided that my dc was not the best choice for her then-infant due to his nut allergies and I had referred her to another dc that would be a better fit.

Now he is older, she is more comfortable with a dc that serves nuts and PB. (as long as he does not eat them of course)

It still makes me laugh that she emailed me like we just got done talking about care.
Jupadia 12:05 PM 12-01-2020
Dont feel bad.

I did an interview back in August. Parent knocked on door I opened it and asked them to please go around back that I'd meet them at that door. (Because of covid I've been avoiding showing parents my upstairs and only showing them daycare space).

She gets to the other door and then she's like it's me .. insert name... My kids teacher from last year. I'm horrid with faces and did not realize where I had seen here before.

But good news was that she ended up enrolling her daughter. Who just started yesterday.
Ariana 03:38 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Dont feel bad.

She gets to the other door and then she's like it's me .. insert name... My kids teacher from last year. I'm horrid with faces and did not realize where I had seen here before.

284878 06:41 AM 12-03-2020
I replied to her but nothing, maybe in another 1.5 years
Cat Herder 06:46 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
I get that a lot, too. Too funny!
Snowmom 02:10 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Oh jeez!

I got an email this past August saying "Hi Miss Snowmom. We won't be enrolling this Fall after all since I can stay home a little longer with the babe. We'll let you know next year. Sorry!"

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out who this person was. My emails came up with nothing to or from her.
A few days later a little light bulb clicked when this mom was strolling down our street and she was waving like a mad woman and yelled "did you get my email?"
This lady had a 30 second convo with me outside about 6 months prior (while pregnant) and I gave her my website. She thought that has secured her a spot! For an infant no less.
284878 02:53 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Oh jeez!

I got an email this past August saying "Hi Miss Snowmom. We won't be enrolling this Fall after all since I can stay home a little longer with the babe. We'll let you know next year. Sorry!"

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out who this person was. My emails came up with nothing to or from her.
A few days later a little light bulb clicked when this mom was strolling down our street and she was waving like a mad woman and yelled "did you get my email?"
This lady had a 30 second convo with me outside about 6 months prior (while pregnant) and I gave her my website. She thought that has secured her a spot! For an infant no less.

Tags:contact information, email - inquiry
Reply Up