Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Crying Baby

I have a 8 month old dcB, who never quits crying.....Its driving me crazy!!
He only stops crying if I hold him. Which I refuse to hold him all day long. Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Sounds like it could be colic. There are some earlier posts on crying here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=crying

Last edited by Michael; 09-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a 8 month old dcB, who never quits crying.....Its driving me crazy!!
He only stops crying if I hold him. Which I refuse to hold him all day long. Any suggestions?
It could be colic or seperation anxiety- I had one that did nothing but cry unless I was holding her. My BP was going sky high, when I was pregnant, so I had to let her go!! WOW!!! It sure was nice, after I didn't have her any longer. It does put daycare provider, plus all the other children at a high stress level!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Or it could be that he is frusterated that he is not mobile. Do you have a walker or an excersaucer? I found that those had helped me quite a bit.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Usually colic goes away at 6 months so I dont think it would be that it could be seperation anxiety or like you said he could be held all the time. I have a 9 month old who comes on Monday mornings and cries and cries because he wants to be held like he was all weekend its obvious Mom jumps and runs to him everytime he cries well anyways I ignore him and by afternon nap when he wakes and its play time he doesnt cry because he knows I wont hold him but it starts over every Monday morning. So just ignore it and when he is smiling playing and happy give him lots of attention postive reinforcement is the best way to go
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Usually colic goes away at 6 months so I dont think it would be that it could be seperation anxiety or like you said he could be held all the time. I have a 9 month old who comes on Monday mornings and cries and cries because he wants to be held like he was all weekend its obvious Mom jumps and runs to him everytime he cries well anyways I ignore him and by afternon nap when he wakes and its play time he doesnt cry because he knows I wont hold him but it starts over every Monday morning. So just ignore it and when he is smiling playing and happy give him lots of attention postive reinforcement is the best way to go
THis is what seperation anxiety is- they want to be held all the time and screams when they are seperated!

Tags
crying