Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Days?
sahdaycaremom 05:42 AM 10-11-2010
How many Paid sick days do you allow yourself a year? Thanks
bgmeyers 05:47 AM 10-11-2010
I have 5 paid emergency/sick days that I can take. I rarely use more than two in any year. This year I used them all as my MIL passed away and I needed the time for funeral and family.
Unregistered 06:04 AM 10-11-2010
3 PAID sick days and 3 PAID personal days.
MarinaVanessa 06:34 AM 10-11-2010
I give myself 5 days also that I can use for my own sickness or to watch a sick family member although I've never had to use one yet (knock on wood).
DanceMom 06:41 AM 10-11-2010
None - I dont charge if I have to close for myself being sick or if my kids are sick.

I do give myself 10 paid vacation days and about 10 paid holidays
Crystal 07:18 AM 10-11-2010
None. In 13 years I have closed a total of three days for being sick. I try to find a sub if I am sick. Parents can't afford to pay when they or their children are sick, AND when I am sick as well.
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
None. In 13 years I have closed a total of three days for being sick. I try to find a sub if I am sick. Parents can't afford to pay when they or their children are sick, AND when I am sick as well.
ITA. I have closed 2 times in 16 years. Funny how you build up an immunity to pretty much everything! I have a substitute on call in case I need to close or have an emergency...it is all part of the business I guess. Parents have to worry about their own kids being sick and still paying so I don't charge them when I close without it being scheduled in advance.
misol 11:01 AM 10-11-2010
I have 5 paid personal/sick days in my contract. I opened my daycare a year ago and so far I haven't had to use any (knock on wood).
mncare 11:12 AM 10-11-2010
I have 3 sick days. I had to use one for the first time last Friday and I felt so terrible about it! There was no way that I could have watched five kids with the way I felt, though. I hope to not have to use one again!
Tags:sick days
Reply Up