Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking Of New Pricing - Have Questions
Mrs. CC 12:05 PM 10-31-2011
I am thinking of doing my pricing by the week or part time with part time being 3-4 days instead of per day and half day.

I really love that idea because I think it will alleviate the "but she was only here 5.5 hours why are we paying for a full day," discussions.

I am backup childcare for a few families. How would I then price them? Just have a drop in rate for them???

Thank you!

Christi
SimpleMom 12:24 PM 10-31-2011
I charge by the week. If you take drop in, you could charge half-day rates (am/pm) or a five hour time slot. I don't take drop-in's anymore, but when I did I charged a daily rate. I charged half-day drop-in rate before that, but it didn't pay for me to do that any longer.

If it's back-up, I would charge a daily rate for them, seems to work well and it keeps things plain and simple lol.
MarinaVanessa 12:43 PM 10-31-2011
I charge weekly FT and PT rates. FT for me is 5 days a week 10 hours a day and they pay whether or not the child attends.

PT for me is a little different, 29 hours or less a week is PT but it has to be the same hours and days each week. I don't care if they're here 3 days a week for 10 hours a day or if they're here 5 days a week for 5 and a half hours a day. They just have to be the same each week.

As for the other clients you have yes, I would consider them drop-ins. I do drop ins when I have room just to make the extra money. It has worked out well for me because I require families to pay me for their spot right away otherwise I don't consider it reserved. In other words a client will ask for a day or two and then they pay it immediately or risk losing the spot to someone else. Drop ins rates should be more than PT rates and PT rates should be more than FT rates.

EVERYONE pays in advance at the beginning of the week before I actually provide childcare.
Unregistered 01:10 PM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs. CC:
I am thinking of doing my pricing by the week or part time with part time being 3-4 days instead of per day and half day.

I really love that idea because I think it will alleviate the "but she was only here 5.5 hours why are we paying for a full day," discussions.

I am backup childcare for a few families. How would I then price them? Just have a drop in rate for them???

Thank you!

Christi
I charge a flat weekly rate weather here 2 or all 5 days. I do drop ins once in a blue moon and its a flat rate of 25 for the day per child no matter if you need me for an hour or all 10 hours.
Tags:part time rate
Reply Up