Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default I’m Almost There!

I wanted to say: "im almost there!" and I'm super excited! I finished my education hours that are required for licensing on a military base AND the first 3 modules that they wanted me to get done. My Family Child Care coordinator came over tonight to do a mock inspection and I only need to change a few things (most will be done tomorrow). Now all i need to do is CPR on friday, and my real inspection on Monday. Then they will take my info to the board of directors and hopefully they will approve my license!!
My handbook and contract is complete, but i need to get a few copies made up and ready for parent interviews.
I will continue to update as things progress!
Im so glad I found this site, I have found SOO many useful ideas
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Yay! I am currently in the process of getting licensed. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yay! I am hopefully going to go through the same when we PCS later this year!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Air Force Provider?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyny View Post
Air Force Provider?
Yes we both are I believe.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Pappyny- Yup!

Breezy- are you FCC licensed here, or are you off base? If you are on base you can do all the education before you PCS. EVERYTHING transfers from base to base, even over seas. Then all you'll have to do is get your home inspection once you move. Easy peasy!
Can yhou tell I'm super excited about all this!? haha I feel like I have a definite job for the next 10 years, if I want it!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxterboo View Post
Pappyny- Yup!

Breezy- are you FCC licensed here, or are you off base? If you are on base you can do all the education before you PCS. EVERYTHING transfers from base to base, even over seas. Then all you'll have to do is get your home inspection once you move. Easy peasy!
Can yhou tell I'm super excited about all this!? haha I feel like I have a definite job for the next 10 years, if I want it!
I am unlicensed (legally) off base. I will get the ball moving as soon as we get therw. I hope that daycare is not over saturated over there and I can enroll kids!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I hope so too! the FCC (here) is extremely helpful. They even have a "lending library" so I dont have to buy anything except liability insurance. And its all free, including them advertizing on base. They even send our e-mails to first shirts for their troops needing child care. and the CDC refers parents to the home providers when the cdc is full (which it usually is here)
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxterboo View Post
I hope so too! the FCC (here) is extremely helpful. They even have a "lending library" so I dont have to buy anything except liability insurance. And its all free, including them advertizing on base. They even send our e-mails to first shirts for their troops needing child care. and the CDC refers parents to the home providers when the cdc is full (which it usually is here)
Wow that's awesome!! I am so excited!!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKarma View Post
Keep up the good work!
Im trying! I got my "changing area" organized last night. And my bulletin board set up. I have tons of idas, but most of it depends on the ages of the kiddos. So Im kinda waiting to see who starts coming

Tags
licensing, military