Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recall
Childminder 11:24 AM 12-27-2012
Stores to recall 150,000 Nap Nanny recliners after deaths
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...r-deaths?lite=
Blackcat31 01:28 PM 12-27-2012
I heard about these and wondered, "hey why don't I see these anywhere around here...they look super cozy and snuggly" now with the recall, I am glad I never did find any.

I didn't read the entire recall story (since I don't have one) but I wonder if the infant deaths were from mis-use of the product or the product itself.

Like the Bumbo chair....I hate when things get recalled due to operator error or stupidity on the consumer's part. We lose too many good products because of things like that.
countrymom 01:42 PM 12-27-2012
they had a discussion about this on gma once. And they all said the same thing, its operator error and the product was not at fault. I wonder what would happen if the company would start to sue the parents because they failed to read the instructions, maybe then products wouldn't be recalled. they even added extra seatbelts on it. But I know the one case, the parents put an older child in it and off course the child threw themselves out.
daycarediva 03:56 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Like the Bumbo chair....I hate when things get recalled due to operator error or stupidity on the consumer's part. We loss too many good products because of things like that.

Childminder 05:52 PM 12-27-2012
Seems to be the retailers are recalling it, the company refused to do so saying it is operator error. The company is no longer in business even though the website is up and running.
sharlan 06:39 PM 12-27-2012
When will parents and other caretakers going to be held responsible for their actions?

Many products that are recalled are safe, it's when caretakers use them in an inappropriate manner that kids get hurt.
countrymom 04:56 AM 12-28-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
When will parents and other caretakers going to be held responsible for their actions?

Many products that are recalled are safe, it's when caretakers use them in an inappropriate manner that kids get hurt.
thats what I want to know, we need to turn the tables and start to charge them with neglect. You should have seen what some of the stuff people were doing with this recliner. The company took every measure to prevent accidents but parents just didn't care. I really think that they need to start being charged.
kitykids3 01:04 PM 12-28-2012
Did I miss it, but I don't see the exact reason for the deaths except was it because they fell over the sides?
momofsix 08:08 PM 12-28-2012
http://www.napnanny.com/
Here's a link to the company's response to the recall. Pretty sad if all they say is true-which I do tend to believe..
Tags:recall
Reply Up