Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>60 Seconds I Don't Want To Repeat
Sunchimes 05:28 PM 09-27-2013
It's been a really hard week. First full week for new baby. Oldest dcg isn't crazy about the loss of attention and there is something unsettling going on in her life, so she's been a little toot. My SPD toddler, after 8 days, has finally registered the new baby and has backslid a bit the last couple of days. Therapist said it's ok and to be expected--after I worried myself sick all week.

And now, this 60 seconds. New baby (10 months old, but a bit delayed) got a bit of leaf in his mouth while we were outside. I fished it out and we came inside. When we got inside, he was working his mouth and I could tell there was still something in there, so I sat in the floor to do some more fishing. I finally found it stuck to the roof of his mouth. I got it unstuck and about that time, he puked up about 3 days worth of food. It missed going in my face as I peered into his mouth by about 3 seconds. Covered me, him, some carpet, and a couple of toys. Then, older toddler came by, tripped, and landed right in the middle of the whole mess. As I'm trying to get us all untangled, potty-training dcg comes running over to announce that she has pooped in her pants. Seriously, 60 seconds for the entire series to happen. sigh Baby is fine, happy as a bug the rest of the day. We think he may have a sensitive gag reflex.

Then, we loaded up the kids in the stroller to meet DCM (of the sibling set) at the Homecoming parade. DCG went to stand on the curb with her mom while I hung back with the stroller full of boys. Here come 3 kids, maybe 8-10 years old, with 3 pit bulls. They were leashed, but not controlled at all by those little kids. They just meandered around this crowd full of little kids watching the parade, nosing against them. I was a nervous wreck. One (with a horribly infected eye) tried to nose up to the stroller. I got between him and my babies and pushed him away and glared at the kid (who had already threatened my husband when he pushed the dog away), then I took my babies and left. DCM and DCG went to the pep rally and we took the babies home. After the pep rally, dcg came in the door and very earnestly asked, "Can we have H back now?" I guess she thought we meant to keep him. ;-)
LK5kids 06:38 PM 09-27-2013
Oh man!!! That was a tough one!Yikes. Relax this weekend!
Maria2013 06:58 PM 09-27-2013

TwinKristi 07:13 PM 09-27-2013
Oh man... That had to be fun to clean up! LOL at least it was over with quickly and not drawn out all day huh?
Sunchimes 06:10 AM 09-28-2013
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Oh man... That had to be fun to clean up! LOL at least it was over with quickly and not drawn out all day huh?

Tags:puke
Reply Up