Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Contracted Hours ?

I've seen others talk about "contracted hours" can someone explain what is meant by this?

Is it the hours they state they need childcare when they first start on their contract?

Is it best to use that or allow them to come and go anytime during your normal business hours?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondawarren View Post
I've seen others talk about "contracted hours" can someone explain what is meant by this?

Is it the hours they state they need childcare when they first start on their contract?

Is it best to use that or allow them to come and go anytime during your normal business hours?
I have always ONLY done contracted hours.

I get their schedule a week in advance.... And they are allowed to drop off one hour before their shift starts and they are required to pick up within one hour of the end of their shift. My daycare parents work shift work currently.

I had a family last year who worked Monday through Friday 8-5 and she was also contracted for 7:00 am to 5:00 pm because her husband picked up.

Now I do afternoon shift only and I prefer that.

But, to answer your question, yes, contracted hours are only the hours the parents have to have, not a drop off and pickup whenever they want between x and y
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

That makes sense I wanted to be sure that I understood it correctly.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM

Other threads about contracted hours

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ntracted+hours

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+vs+open+hours

Tags
contracted hours, contracted hours vs open hours