Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>April Newsletter Ideas?
Miss A 08:37 AM 03-28-2016
Help! I usually send out a monthly newsletter at the beginning of each month, highlighting the upcoming days that I will be unavailable and a sub will be stepping in for a few hours, days when I need to close at 5:00 due to evening appointments, and other important memos. This past month has been pretty uneventful, and April doesn't have much coming up either. I have my dates to remember listed, as well as a payment reminder (Recently became an issue, and I refuse to beg for my $$ each week!). I don't want to seem like a Debbie-Downer in this newsletter. Anyone have any ideas for other fun little things to include? I have about 1/2 a page remaining to fill.
CalCare 09:24 AM 03-28-2016
"Spring is in the air! We are all noticing that plants and animals outside are blossoming, blooming, hatching and emerging. For April, the children are going to be sprouting their own little bean sprouts. They'll all plant their beans, observe and record the sprouting process. We'll check on our little baby beans every day!..." Etc etc. That project can be a very simple addition to your day. Super basic: Have children wet a paper towel, place a bean on it, place in a Ziploc and tape it to the window. It will be clearly visible in the Ziploc and it will grow pretty fast! If you could place this next to a writing area and supply notebooks or paper and color pencils etc..
http://madincrafts.com/gardening-wit...s-germinating/
MunchkinWrangler 10:59 AM 03-28-2016
I'm not sure where you live but you could include the season change and outside gear needed. I usually write a paragraph on what each child has been doing in care, just general stuff, I have a small group so everyone knows each other. Maybe plan a couple little to do's in April and add them in, I know there are no holidays but there is Earth day at the end of the month and possibly Arbor day.
Stephnrich 08:44 PM 03-30-2016
I have a "Kids Say the Darndest Things" section in mine, and it's everyone's favorite. My mom even likes reading our newsletter just to see what the kids might've said.
Tags:newsletter - april, newsletter topics
Reply Up