Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>W-10 & End of Year Receipts
LindaMJ 10:54 AM 03-01-2011
I thought I had read some time ago that we are supposed to write the amounts the parents paid for each child; for example: Bobby's care was $1500.00 and Susie's care was $3500.00 (say Bobby was in school and I only had him sometimes after school and maybe on some days there was no school). Is this right? Or can I just say the parents paid $5000.00 Total? Thanks.
Blackcat31 10:57 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by LindaMJ:
I thought I had read some time ago that we are supposed to write the amounts the parents paid for each child; for example: Bobby's care was $1500.00 and Susie's care was $3500.00 (say Bobby was in school and I only had him sometimes after school and maybe on some days there was no school). Is this right? Or can I just say the parents paid $5000.00 Total? Thanks.
Search W-10's. There have been a lot of questions in that area. You aren't required to tell them anything about amounts although most providers do as a courteousy...you are only required to fill out the W-10 which asks for your signature and tax ID # or SS# if a parent brings it to you. There is no space for amounts paid, but most providers will write it on the top.

I have never seen anywhere that asked what days/times or how often a child attends.
TomCopeland 11:47 AM 03-01-2011
Give the parent the total amount they paid you for child care. You don't have to break it out by child.
LindaMJ 12:32 PM 03-01-2011
Thanks, Tom.
Tags:receipts, w-10
Reply Up