Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bottoms Up... or Shall I Say Off!
lflick 10:43 AM 08-20-2013
Ok... so I do not do active potty training for kiddos in the very early stages (after first attempts by parents)... the child is required to wear a diaper/pull up until they have been fully compliant for a month... fully compliant being where it is not necessary to prompt every 20 minutes. I do this as when we have a group it's simply not feasible to constantly interrupt our activities to spend the day in the bathroom. I am more than happy to assist in reminders to a child that has been compliant for a while and they have not gone the past hour per say. Anyways, I am wondering how to gently handle a situation.... DCM drops off DCG (just turned 2) and mentioned that yesterday she used the potty twice, for the first time ever. Anyways, she came in a diaper however I cannot get this girl to keep her diaper on! I feel like duct taping the straps lol. I have found her diaper in two random locations already! I am terrified she will pee or have a BM somewhere other than her diaper as it is not on! She is wicked fast at removing it too and since she generally wears a dress it is effortless! Any advice?
Cat Herder 10:45 AM 08-20-2013
Put diaper on backwards covered with a backwards onsie or over-alls.
preschoolteacher 09:56 AM 08-21-2013
No more dresses until she stops taking it off.
Familycare71 10:28 AM 08-21-2013
I actually do use duct tape! I put it so the "tabs" are in back-
Kids also know here that NO ONE but me removes a diaper... But tape for the stubborn ones works wonders!
itlw8 12:07 PM 08-21-2013
some kids that are very interested in toilet learning do not like wet pants and will take them off. She may be doing that. Depends on how well she is doing. suggest at home they use only training pants and stay home all weekend to really hit it hard. You have to keep things sanitary so unless she is doing that good no more dresses.. besides it is hard enough to learn to go without having to hold up your dress
Tags:potty training policy
Reply Up