Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Other grant options?
missT 05:20 PM 08-07-2015
Hi there,
I'm in Southeast Kansas and recently started my own group daycare in my home. I checked with my local resource and referral agency to see what types of grants are available in Kansas and it turns out that there are grants available through them in Kansas but not in my area. It's very frustrating that I can't participate in things like KQRIS or other quality based grants when I put a lot of time and effort into having a very high quality daycare. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you might have suggestions for other grants that aren't just local grants. I've used google to look for info but there seems to be a ton of sites that want you to pay for info, and others have lots of things listed but it's hard to sort through everything since there are usually a variety of requirements you have to meet for every grant and they're all different. I would really appreciate any advice, even just a suggestion of where to start would be helpful. I'm familiar with going through a grant process since I helped with some in Utah but I was able to find them through the resource and referral agency there.
Thanks!
missT 11:11 AM 08-08-2015
Anyone?
spedmommy4 08:52 PM 08-08-2015
In my experience, the ones for home based childcare are going to be local. For example, we have one here through First 5 of California. Not all counties all eligible to participate.
Tags:grant, grants, kansas
Reply Up