Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Maternity leave substitute??
Dragonfly Daycare 01:01 PM 01-21-2012
I am due for my 2nd child in September 12. I am a NYS registered daycare provider, I plan to take 2 months off but I know with my other son I had to take 12 months off because he just wasn't ready to share me. In NY are you allowed to hire someone to come in to be a "helper" if you are always on site? Or do you always have to still be in the room and have visual contact? I know you cannot hire someone as a sub on a regular basis but what about a "helper" someone while you are there and then on occasion (for dr's appts and other things) be left alone with the children. I would like to hire someone for a year so that I could give my 2nd child as much attention as my first but I also do not want to lose my full daycare and have to start all over again.... Has anyone ever done this or know the regulations regarding it???
Michael 01:08 PM 01-21-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Maybe something here in the regulations: http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/bec...20Training.pdf
Tags:assistant, helper, maternity leave
Reply Up