Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Thing I Can't Stand!!!
williams2008 01:34 PM 01-21-2013
I have a 2 year old dcg who already acts to grown for her age.Which I can't stand! Sooooooo this morning during free time, I hear shut up B****!!!
countrymom 02:24 PM 01-21-2013
thats nice, its amazing what children can say.
williams2008 02:28 PM 01-21-2013
Yes it is and it's even amazing how some parents think this type of behavior is funny.
daycarediva 02:43 PM 01-21-2013
I once had a dcb (3) tell me to suck his......

O M G! I thought it was bad enough, and I was sooo embarassed to talk to his Mom about it, but her reaction was priceless (LAUGHTER!) I'm standing there, horrified, as she laughs. Then she tries to downplay that by "I know it's not funny but he is so cute imitating his older brother" (who was 18)

Nooottt cute. AT ALL.
williams2008 02:53 PM 01-21-2013
Cute??? No that is sad!!! She curses all the time and I'm always telling the mom that she needs to get a hold of that because that kind of talk will not be tolerated, so I'm leaning towards lettting her go.
Patches 04:04 PM 01-21-2013

I right with you. I can't stand it!
I once had two dcgs (both 18 months) playing in the kitchen center. One girl reached in front of the other and grabbed some play food off of the stove and dcg put her middle finger in other girls face and yells, "F*** you b****!
And of course, mom thought it was HILARIOUS
MaryM 04:08 PM 01-21-2013
Yep, you probably should term if this doesn't get nipped in the bud ASAP. You know what will happen-another child will pick it up & repeat it & then their parent will be upset & possibly pull their kid. (& worse, they could assume they learned it from you.).
MaryM 04:09 PM 01-21-2013
& you are right, it IS sad-where has the innocence gone?
Binkybobo 04:10 PM 01-21-2013
I once put a 2 year old dcb in time out, and in return he called me a dirty "b%^&!"
williams2008 05:54 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:

I right with you. I can't stand it!
I once had two dcgs (both 18 months) playing in the kitchen center. One girl reached in front of the other and grabbed some play food off of the stove and dcg put her middle finger in other girls face and yells, "F*** you b****!
And of course, mom thought it was HILARIOUS
OMG!!!
williams2008 05:58 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by MaryM:
Yep, you probably should term if this doesn't get nipped in the bud ASAP. You know what will happen-another child will pick it up & repeat it & then their parent will be upset & possibly pull their kid. (& worse, they could assume they learned it from you.).
That's what I told them mom. I do not want the other kids to pick up that type of language. I told her I can't control how the dcg acts at home, but over here is a different story.
williams2008 05:59 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Binkybobo:
I once put a 2 year old dcb in time out, and in return he called me a dirty "b%^&!"
O no!!!! Did you term, if not what did you do????
NeedaVaca 06:03 AM 01-22-2013
I can guarantee if I had a child using bad language and another of my dck's started saying it the parents would pull them from my care. I don't even let my kiddo's say poopy, shut up, etc....really offensive language would have to stop immediately or I would have no choice but to term
williams2008 06:12 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I can guarantee if I had a child using bad language and another of my dck's started saying it the parents would pull them from my care. I don't even let my kiddo's say poopy, shut up, etc....really offensive language would have to stop immediately or I would have no choice but to term
I agree!! If she continues to talk that way the rest out the week, she will be out of here!
daycarediva 06:17 AM 01-22-2013
I did end up terming this dcb as well, over the language.

I don't allow my own kids to say 'potty words' (even poop/pee out of context) Potty words belong in the bathroom! Even my ds/4 will say that to the other kids if someone says a potty word.
williams2008 06:24 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I did end up terming this dcb as well, over the language.

I don't allow my own kids to say 'potty words' (even poop/pee out of context) Potty words belong in the bathroom! Even my ds/4 will say that to the other kids if someone says a potty word.

Meeko 07:09 AM 01-22-2013
Oh wow! And I get upset when one of my daycare kids says "Shut up!"
williams2008 07:11 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Oh wow! And I get upset when one of my daycare kids says "Shut up!"
One thing about it, the mom wasn't upset not one bit
MyAngels 08:30 AM 01-22-2013
The one and only time I ever terminated a family was because their child cussed like a sailor . He lasted only two days and I actually had to ask my dh what one of the words he said meant because I'd never heard it from anyone before - let alone from a four year old.
Tags:curse words, inappropriate talk
Reply Up