Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for a Retail Space With a Lawn
Lefse&Kids 01:13 PM 06-20-2013
I'm looking to expand my daycare into a group facility but here's the problem.....

There are a few places in town that are in the retail areas and have a "backyard". I'm coming up empty handed when I try to seach. Does anybody know of a way to find these kinds of properties?

Also, there are a few daycares/preschools that don't have an attached outside space. Our state (ND) requires that daycares/centers have outdoor space. Any idea how these businesses are doing it? I'm just confused and have been looking at all the state regulations and can't find a thing to help me.

ANY help will be appreciated...
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 06-20-2013
Call them up. I'd call any or all of those daycare centers/preschools and ask them about their routines for outside play.

I would also consider calling a relator and asking them about properties that have the requirements you are looking for.
blandino 01:20 PM 06-20-2013
I too always have it in the back of my mind, but most retail spaces unless they were designed for childcare - really aren't suited for a daycare. The yard/ many rooms & bathrooms needed are hard to find.
Sugar Magnolia 02:00 PM 06-20-2013
I bought a house. And had it approved for commercial use by my municipality. Was not the.easiest route, but my mortgage is way less than commercial rents.
Reply Up