Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kid with a Bad Mouth!
Nikki85 01:35 PM 04-08-2015
I watch a 4 year old who has the worst potty mouth. The first incident he said $hit, I'm not sure in what context though. The second incident he told my daughter he was going kick her a$$. Then today he called my 10 month old stupid. I've spoke to his mother and he apparently does this a lot. He also gets in trouble for it. For some reason today it just really made me upset. He is on time out right now. I've also explained to him that we don't talk to people this way. Ugh...I'm getting fed up. Any suggestions. And how do I not take it personally when he says those things to my kids?
daycare 01:37 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Nikki85:
I watch a 4 year old who has the worst potty mouth. The first incident he said $hit, I'm not sure in what context though. The second incident he told my daughter he was going kick her a$$. Then today he called my 10 month old stupid. I've spoke to his mother and he apparently does this a lot. He also gets in trouble for it. For some reason today it just really made me upset. He is on time out right now. I've also explained to him that we don't talk to people this way. Ugh...I'm getting fed up. Any suggestions. And how do I not take it personally when he says those things to my kids?
Billy you are too smart for words like that. A smart boy like you can say--------

Then come up with some words he can use.

Wow!! That's just crazy. I've never had a child talk like that before.
Nikki85 01:42 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
Billy you are too smart for words like that. A smart boy like you can say--------

Then come up with some words he can use.

Wow!! That's just crazy. I've never had a child talk like that before.
Me either that's why I'm not sure how to handle it!!!
Gemma 02:02 PM 04-08-2015
I had a 3yr old that one day started saying the "F" word, I talked to dcd (he dropped off and picked up), he blamed his wife, so I just told dcb he was not to use that word at my house again! "It is not a nice word, I don't use it and neither are you!" ...problem solved
Controlled Chaos 02:07 PM 04-08-2015
Treat it like hitting. "Words like ___ and ____ hurt. My job is to keep children safe. If you hurt Sally then you can't play with her. I have to keep you over here by me, to keep Sally safe. I wouldn't let anyone say those words to you either, because I care so much about you." Separate him from the other kids after he uses a bad/mean word.

Good luck. I have a new LO that introduced some gems to the other dcks recently never had a problem before, but what I suggested above has kept the other kids from repeating it. Little boogers
daycarediva 02:10 PM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Treat it like hitting. "Words like ___ and ____ hurt. My job is to keep children safe. If you hurt Sally then you can't play with her. I have to keep you over here by me, to keep Sally safe. I wouldn't let anyone say those words to you either, because I care so much about you." Separate him from the other kids after he uses a bad/mean word.

Good luck. I have a new LO that introduced some gems to the other dcks recently never had a problem before, but what I suggested above has kept the other kids from repeating it. Little boogers
This is how I handle it as well.

Most recently told a mother that I didn't find "What the BEEP"(he actually said BEEP, not a swear) as cute as she did.
childcaremom 04:51 AM 04-09-2015
I had a 3 year old, third day here, say sh$t. About 20 times. Wish I was exaggerating. I tried everything, talked to her, time out, separated her from the group. Mom said she had spent some time with the dad and that they weren't careful about what they said in front of her.

Needless to say she didn't come back the next day. There were other issues, as well but this was what I termed over.
Blackcat31 05:25 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is how I handle it as well.

Most recently told a mother that I didn't find "What the BEEP"(he actually said BEEP, not a swear) as cute as she did.
Faux swearing probably drives me more crazy than actually swearing.

Not sure why anyone would think that is cute.
Blackcat31 05:32 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I had a 3 year old, third day here, say sh$t. About 20 times. Wish I was exaggerating. I tried everything, talked to her, time out, separated her from the group. Mom said she had spent some time with the dad and that they weren't careful about what they said in front of her.

Needless to say she didn't come back the next day. There were other issues, as well but this was what I termed over.
I recently termed a child that continually used bad language as well.

Not the "F" word but just kind of trashy talk.

Would yell from the bathroom that someone needed to come wipe their a$$ or they would say "My mom whips her tit out to shut the baby up" and things like that.

The child spent an extraordinary amount of time laughing AND discussing farts and burps in just really gross ways. NOT normal to a 4 yr old. At least not the ones I've had.

I just had enough after a couple weeks. I'd talk to the parents and one word/phrase/behavior would stop only to be replaced by another.

There was a straw that broke the camels back but I can't type it here so let's just say it I'm glad the child is gone.
Nikki85 09:40 PM 04-09-2015
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. So today he told my daughter my daughter to shut up. I once again explained that we use kind words. I just don't know what more to do.
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 04-10-2015
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. So today he told my daughter my daughter to shut up. I once again explained that we use kind words. I just don't know what more to do.
Honestly, at this point I would probably let him go.

It sound more stressful than it's worth.

While I understand you have a business in your home, it is still your home and your daughter doesn't deserve to be talked to that way in her home.
Nikki85 05:47 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Honestly, at this point I would probably let him go.

It sound more stressful than it's worth.

While I understand you have a business in your home, it is still your home and your daughter doesn't deserve to be talked to that way in her home.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm tired of my kids getting treated like crap.
Tags:inappropriate talk
Reply Up