Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rough Day
Jo123ABC 11:33 AM 09-05-2018
Oh. My. Gosh. This day is insane! I started my day behind schedule. Had a nice morning diaper blowout (which is happening daily now for some reason- 8mo). The 1 year old I watch is really intense. He follows everyone around whacking them with random stuff, taking toys, getting into everything, pushing a 3 year old dcg down, pulling hair, you name it! Well now my own 2 year old has gotten defensive with him and has started biting. So today he bit the 1 year old in the eyebrow the 1 year old chased the 3 year old around relentlessly this morning but she won't stay away from him. I made hm soup today and since I was behind schedule the kids went crazy screaming starvation at me the whole time! I skipped out on book time today in favor of getting everyone down for nap so I could stop the fighting and craziness. How are you all doing today?!
sharlan 12:36 PM 09-05-2018
Sounds rough.

Dcg came in crying, stopped right away. She doesn't normally cry. We're in the middle of potty training, no accidents so far today.

Dcd took dcb out for breakfast, I'm guessing pancakes and syrup. He's been bouncing all morning. He fell off the couch and gave himself a big goose egg, didn't slow him down.

Nap time and they're both asleep. YEAH!
Josiegirl 04:12 PM 09-06-2018
Tomorrow's Friday! It has to get better, right?? If not, at least it's Friday.

The past 2 days, up until 3 p.m. have been pure bliss. After that, argh. I absolutely love just having the 2 little ones by themselves. They're learning quickly about treating each other nicely, being quieter(no insane screaming), playing together. Then 3:00 comes, the 2 dcks from prek and k arrive and all he!! breaks loose.
storybookending 06:52 PM 09-06-2018
I have two in 4K this year. The 4K bus is supposed to arrive between 11:15 and 11:30 but this year they rerouted and now the girls do not arrive until 11:55. We nap at 12. I’m slowly pushing back the other kids but I feel awful that the girls sit on the bus for an hour, basically force feed themselves and have to go down directly to nap. They fall asleep right away so I know they need it and the others are overly tired pushing back nap 20 minutes so they can all go down at the same time and it’s just been a mess of a week. My 2 year old who has always been a stinker is really testing his limits lately. I am forever thankful that my handful of a niece finally seems to be maturing. Especially thankful as September means back to school and basically being here open to close as her mom is the coach of a fall sport and she doesn’t get to see her all that much during the week.
Tags:bite to the face, blow outs, blowout diapers, rough week
Reply Up