Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Home for the Summer
kcnjason 07:31 AM 06-07-2011
What do you do when your own children are home for the summer? My daycare is for kids up to about 5 and my oldest child is 7. She is home for the summer and it really changes things up. What do you do when school is done for the summer and you have older children? Do you have them as helpers? Do you give them things to do? I need some ideas. She is in first grade and its a big change for us.
elle73 09:45 AM 06-07-2011
My daughter is 6 and she will be going to day camp at the ymca 2 times a week, she really enjoys it and its a chance for her to play with kids her age and get out of the house.
daycare 10:07 AM 06-07-2011
My kids are 13 and 15 and they are driving me nuts.

I have to vent...lol

they dont wake up until 10, then they decide to sit around instead of eating something right away. Next thing you know, I am fighting them in the kitchen so I can prep snack. We dont have the biggest kitchen.

They have been doing this for days, they don't decide to eat until I need to be in the kitchen. Nap time stinks because they keep coming in and out of the house slamming doors...

I still have not found anything to do for them yet.... My 13 year old will be leaving in a few weeks for a trip to NY with my sister and then will be on to Europe to visit her dad for the rest of the summer. I guess I will miss her when she is gone, but leaving feels like its not coming soon enough.

That sounds horrible.....lol
littlemissmuffet 10:23 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
My kids are 13 and 15 and they are driving me nuts.

I have to vent...lol

they dont wake up until 10, then they decide to sit around instead of eating something right away. Next thing you know, I am fighting them in the kitchen so I can prep snack. We dont have the biggest kitchen.

They have been doing this for days, they don't decide to eat until I need to be in the kitchen. Nap time stinks because they keep coming in and out of the house slamming doors...

I still have not found anything to do for them yet.... My 13 year old will be leaving in a few weeks for a trip to NY with my sister and then will be on to Europe to visit her dad for the rest of the summer. I guess I will miss her when she is gone, but leaving feels like its not coming soon enough.

That sounds horrible.....lol

Nobody is allowed in my kitchen during daycare hours except for me!
Tags:provider children, provider children vs daycare children, summer
Reply Up