Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gift Today
AnythingsPossible 10:52 AM 02-14-2012
I am thinking of running out and getting my guys some mylar valentine balloon's to take home today. They are 1 and up. How do you think parents feel about balloon's?? My own kids are older, and I can't remember having issues with balloons. I don't think the mylar ones have as high as a choking hazard, am I wrong??
lovelife 11:04 AM 02-14-2012
I love balloons but were I am at I am not allowed to have balloons in my daycare. :-(
AnythingsPossible 12:02 PM 02-14-2012
See, sometimes my safety brain and my "oh that would be fun brain!" don't coexist with each other.
It would probably be safer not to do balloons, guess I should have planned ahead better! A hug will have to do for a gift this year! I have some hershey kisses, maybe I can think of something fun to do with those while they are napping!
DCMom 01:11 PM 02-14-2012
I've done the Mylar ones in the past; the kids love them and they don't burst the way that latex ones do, therefore less of a safety hazard. They just kind of deflate...

I usually have the whole bunch hidden then bring them out a pick up time. Make a loop, tie them on a wrist and send them home with a smile Easy Peasy!
beachgrl 02:15 PM 02-14-2012
I gave mine heart straws and heart shaped clackers...I know my parents will love them~ hehe..
Michelle 05:06 PM 02-14-2012
My kids got heart shaped mylar balloons, gift bags that they made, homemade cupcakes that they made, and a lot of cards from each other.
They looked awesome walking out to their cars full of goodies and colorful crafts. Mylar balloons are fine, maybe next year you can get them.
Reply Up