Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Is Appropriate Notice
Unregistered 09:36 AM 02-15-2012
So it turns out we possibly may be moving this summer. Probably wont have a confirmation until March/April. I love all of my daycare families right now for the most part, but am scared if I tell them now they will all split. So how much time is ample notice? My contract says I only have to give them two weeks, but I think that is a little too short. I really need the money though as long as I possibly can. There are some that I would feel confident about telling sooner than others and not pose a risk of losing them, but can't guarantee they would say something to someone else. So I definately want to announce it at the same time. Any thoughts or opinions?
Unregistered 10:36 AM 02-15-2012
Sorry forgot to mention this post is by a registered forum member just posted question as unregistered for ananomity.
beachgrl 11:38 AM 02-15-2012
Personally I would probably give them at least a month's notice but I dont know that I would tell them prior to that as a month would be plenty of time for them to find alternate care and maybe you even know a couple providers in your area that you could let them know if they have openings at the time?
familyschoolcare 11:57 AM 02-15-2012
I would not even consider telling them untill you have confirmation esp. If what you meant by confirmation was you will not know %100 for sure that you are moving untill then.
JenNJ 12:03 PM 02-15-2012
I would wait until things are 100% confirmed. When you do tell them, assure them that you will give them info as you have it and promise not to leave them in a bind.
Country Kids 01:49 PM 02-15-2012
I would definetly wait till you are 100% sure. Then make sure you are giving yourself enough time without daycare children to move. Nothing would be harder to be trying to pack and take care of kids. I would give myself about a month without children so that I could be packing, getting rid of things, cleaning, etc.

It will make it so much easier!
CheekyChick 03:22 PM 02-15-2012
I would give them ALL 30 days.
Tags:notice
Reply Up