Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Feeling Overwhelmed Today....
JJPlaycare 07:07 AM 03-15-2012
This year has been rough and today I think I finally am letting it all out, I just need to type and let it all out ..... My father in law was in a HORRIBLE accident the end of Jan. his MnDot snowplow was hit by a train. He was airlifted to Rochester where he spent a little over a month. My husband has been gone so much because of this and trust me I completely understand just is really, really hard. He is home now and recovering slowly, thank GOD cause he shouldn't even be here, but he has a VERY long road ahead. His physical abilities are comming back sooner than anticipated, but his brain is not. He basically has shaken baby syndrome, only in an adult developed brain! The doctors are unsure if his short term memory will ever come back, because they should have seen alot more improvement then they have thus far, but can't really tell us anything it will just take time. He gets very angry and somewhat verbally abusive due to his traumatic brain injury and my MIL is really breaking down. He has a ton more other injuries, but all will heal in time, to what extent we don't know, but so far his physicalness is comming back strong. My husband has a mentally handicapped sister who had a child who will be 7 in July, she is living and being raised by my inlaws. She is cognitive delayed, ADHD and they are currently testing her for autism. It is one big mess down there. I don't even know what to do, but can see that my MIL is not cabable of handling it all!
Then there is daycare. One of my families had a baby in Dec. who was born with Marfans and a heart defect. Completely unknown.... I have cared for their oldest child for 3 years and due to all the circumstances with the new baby we had to terminate care and their last day is this Friday. I am not handling it well, it really hurts. I want so badly to be there, provide, raise and love that little baby, but no I can't and its not the best for him. Then another one of my families sent me a completely rude text message and has been completely disrespectful because I wouldn't change my hours for them. We did work that out and everything is fine there, but good grief I don't think I can handle much more...... Sorry I just want to scream and just needed to vent!! Just having one of those days!!
SilverSabre25 07:20 AM 03-15-2012
(((HUGS))) I'm sorry about everything you've been going through and your family has been going through. My mom got sick in Nov of 2010and in a coma for two months, hospitals for 6, and is still not able to live on her own, and may never be able to. It's a waiting game for her too.

Perhaps you need some time off "daycare" and just "baby-sit" for awhile--let them play, watch more TV, relax.

Could you offer to take your niece off MIL's hands for awhile? A week or maybe longer? That would let MIL have a break and give you something tangible to do. Has anyone set up any kind of meal-sharing program to help out MIL? There are various ones I've seen mentioned online.
boysx5 07:53 AM 03-15-2012
So sorry hope today is a better day for you sometimes getting it all out helps
Blackcat31 07:57 AM 03-15-2012
(((((hugs))))) wishing you some peace and happiness!

On the off chance, if there is ANYTHING I can do, please do not hesitate to let me know!
Reply Up