Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Add..hmmmm
beachgrl 08:00 AM 06-22-2012
We are looking for a full-time (40-45 hrs/wk), live-out nanny from late October 2012 to June 2013 for three infants (6-month old twin boys and a 9-month old girl). Needless to say you must be an energetic multi-tasker! Your schedule will follow the County School schedule, thus you will have holidays, some teacher workdays, spring break and summer off. The perfect nanny must love dogs (we have a lovable lab) and enjoy spending time outdoors.

Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities

Provide complete care for the children in the employer's home and perform all tasks that correlate to the care of the children. To create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which the children can thrive and develop.

preparing bottles, meals and snacks for babies
changing diapers for babies
washing children's clothes
cleaning and washing up after children's meals
undertaking appropriate creative activities with the children
undertaking appropriate educational activities with the children
undertaking appropriate outdoor activities with the children
planning and supervising rest, bed and nap times
reading to and with the children
tidying children's bedrooms and play areas
reinforcing appropriate discipline for the children
implementing daily routines (this is VERY important!)
doing light housework
Requirements:

high school graduate
further training in child care and development such as a formal nanny training program, early childhood classes and/or in-service training a definite plus
proven child care experience with references
First Aid and CPR certification
valid NC driver's license, safe driving record, have own transportation
clean criminal background check and drug screening
non-smoking
Key Competencies

adaptability and flexibility
ability to multitask
emotional maturity
good communication skills
good judgment skills
stress tolerance
high energy level
honest, dependable, and pleasant
We are looking for serious candidates only that can commit to the entire assignment. Please email your resume AND references. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Please include your salary requirements.
Country Kids 08:07 AM 06-22-2012
How do you have 6 month old twins and a 9 month old?
Breezy 08:07 AM 06-22-2012
Are you posting because you think there is something wrong with it, lol? I am confused!
Kiki 08:07 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
How do you have 6 month old twins and a 9 month old?
I was trying to figure that out too.
seebachers 08:08 AM 06-22-2012
adoption.....foster kids......guardianship......there are a lot of ways
Breezy 08:10 AM 06-22-2012
I used to nanny for my husbands cousins. 3 kids from 2 different families. I lived with one and the other brought her daughter on the days she worked. That's how I met my husband
SunshineMama 08:13 AM 06-22-2012
All I have to say, is if they expect the house to be completely tidy after a day of watching 3 children under the age of 1 they are delusional. Either the housework will suffer, or the children will not be getting extra attention while the nanny tidy's the home, or, the nanny will do it all, and tidy when all of the kids are asleep, and burn out super fast.

Geeze! I hope they pay really well. I would charge $3,000 a month or more for that service.
Mommy2One 08:29 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
All I have to say, is if they expect the house to be completely tidy after a day of watching 3 children under the age of 1 they are delusional. Either the housework will suffer, or the children will not be getting extra attention while the nanny tidy's the home, or, the nanny will do it all, and tidy when all of the kids are asleep, and burn out super fast.

Geeze! I hope they pay really well. I would charge $3,000 a month or more for that service.
I didn't read it as having the entire house completely tidy. They just mentioned tidying the children's bedrooms and play areas and light housework. I just took it to mean they didn't want to come home to a disaster zone with dirty bottles and baby food containers all over the counters, Cheerios scattered on the floor, toys everywhere, diaper changing pads and lotions on the living room floor, etc. Just clean as you go/pick up after yourself sort of stuff.

We had a babysitter watching our daughter at our house a few days/week. I'd often come home and spend 30 minutes picking up toys, washing off the booster seat tray, rinsing dirty dishes and loading them in the dishwasher (including the bowl that the sitter herself used for her oatmeal) and generally getting my house back to looking the way it was when I left it. We put up with it because she was otherwise great but I would add phrases like they did to prevent it if I were ever looking to hire another babysitter or nanny.
littlemissmuffet 08:32 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:

The ad mentions "light housework"... I think this is completely do-able.

To those who were curious about having 2 6 month olds and 1 9 month old... there are plenty of ways! I'm thinking adoption. A friend of mine was adopted at birth... meanwhile his adopted mother was 5 months pregnant and didn't even know it!! He and his brother are 4 months apart.

To the OP? Why the hmmmm?? I think this is a really great ad, with very clear expectations and asking the potential nanny to quote her own price. I used to be a nanny and these were my favorite types of people to interview with!
Willow 08:58 AM 06-22-2012
I would assume OP is considering applying for the job
DBug 09:09 AM 06-22-2012
The one thing that made me go "hmmm" was "read to and with the children" -- I can read TO 3 infants, but to me reading "WITH" them means they'll be doing some of the reading.

The "appropriate educational activities" made me think, but I'm guessing they're just trying to weed out the type of person that thinks they'll be able to sit and watch tv all day.

Besides that, I could handle the "light housework" as long as the parents were flexible enough to understand that there are those crazy days when there's just not enough time to get it all in, kwim?
cheerfuldom 09:13 AM 06-22-2012
I think they sound like proactive parents that know what they want and hopefully, are willing to pay for an excellent qualified nanny. I could do this job IF I didnt have my own kids at home. I have done three kids under 1 before and kept things on a routine and the place reasonably tidy.
littlemissmuffet 09:48 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
The one thing that made me go "hmmm" was "read to and with the children" -- I can read TO 3 infants, but to me reading "WITH" them means they'll be doing some of the reading.

The "appropriate educational activities" made me think, but I'm guessing they're just trying to weed out the type of person that thinks they'll be able to sit and watch tv all day.

Besides that, I could handle the "light housework" as long as the parents were flexible enough to understand that there are those crazy days when there's just not enough time to get it all in, kwim?
I think these terms actually insinuate that they are lookg for someone to be with their family long-term.
DBug 11:17 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I think these terms actually insinuate that they are lookg for someone to be with their family long-term.
I thought it was just Oct. '12 to June '13? But of course, maybe they're planning on asking the person to come back after the summer ... ?
Reply Up