View Poll Results: Least favorite age to provide care for
Infants 13 20.31%
1 year olds 6 9.38%
2 year olds 2 3.13%
3 year olds 3 4.69%
4 year olds 1 1.56%
School agers 39 60.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poll: Least Favorite Age Group To Provide Care For
BumbleBee 03:59 PM 02-06-2013
School agers are my least favorite age group to provide care for
nannyde 04:03 PM 02-06-2013
school agers
kitykids3 04:22 PM 02-06-2013
Definitely school agers and I am so glad I haven't really had any. They are not only usually defiant and more rowdy, but are sneakier then too if they want to be.
crazydaycarelady 04:23 PM 02-06-2013
Schoolagers would have to my least favorite group so I stopped watching them altogether. That leaves the 1yos as my least favorite age group. Don't mind the babies, don't mine the 2 an ups but 1yos - UGH!
mema 04:51 PM 02-06-2013
School agers! Love mine, just not other peoples
LK5kids 06:28 PM 02-06-2013
Infants...
Have always had good luck with SA.
blandino 07:40 PM 02-06-2013
We stopped caring for school agers. I don't necessarily dislike them as a whole, but caring for them while caring for my under 4 crowd is what I hated. Especially on those days they were out of school.
CrackerJacks 07:44 PM 02-06-2013
SA, they have too much energy and most of them have terrible attitudes.. I love the 2yo group..my fave!
Blackcat31 09:25 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
School agers! Love mine, just not other peoples
Same here.

I definitely loved my own at that age but there were many days I didn't like them all that much.
Play Care 02:58 AM 02-07-2013
INFANTS! I do not have the magic touch with babies - or the last two just really did a number on me! I also find that when I start children so young, they tend to behave more like "mine" and give me the hardest time.
makap 04:40 AM 02-07-2013
Uggg! School agers for sure! Make me want to pull my hair out!!
Actually it is age 4 and up for me!

If there would have been an option to choose 2 ages that are my least favorite I would have chosen school agers and 4 year olds. I love them all, however they just get to be way to much work after a certain age and are ready for more than what I can provide. They are always bored, they are always hungry, they are constantly tattling on each other, more fighting, they demand more attention than the babies, I can go on and on and on.

Children start school here at 4. Thank goodness, because by that time they are ready to go!

I love newborn to age 3.
MN Mom 04:57 AM 02-07-2013
I voted 3 year olds, but if there was an age group range it would be Infant to 3. I've decided I enjoy them once they are talking and potty trained. My favorite kid right now is an after school 6 year old 3 nights a week. I recently did 2 days/nights where he slept over because his mother was on vacation and Gma can't handle all 3 kids at once. He was a DREAM to care for. He and my son are bff's. He's well behaved, creative and fun to talk to. Maybe it helps because his mother is a teacher, I don't know. But I'd take 10 of him in a heartbeat!
canadiancare 04:58 AM 02-07-2013
I chose 3 year olds- mainly because I stop at age 4 because they go to school. I have had some wonderful 3 year olds in the past but I have also had the tattle tale, worry about everyone else but myself type.
williams2008 05:01 AM 02-07-2013
I voted babies, I had twins and they changed my mind about accepting anymore babies. Next is the school agers,I stopped caring for them back in August.
williams2008 05:05 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
I chose 3 year olds- mainly because I stop at age 4 because they go to school. I have had some wonderful 3 year olds in the past but I have also had the tattle tale, worry about everyone else but myself type.
I have a 3 year old now, he is the oldest one here. This child wants to be in everbody's conversation, including mine and my husband. He tattle tales all day long and whines all day if he doesn't get his way.
Country Kids 07:12 AM 02-07-2013
I prefer to keep my group at 2 and up. I have taken several 18 month olds and its just a really hard age. To little for the type of program I run but I did stick it out (like I do with everything) and worked them in. I like having an age where everyone can be on the same schedule with no problem-no morning naps, extra feedings, diaper changes, etc.
daycarediva 09:18 AM 02-07-2013
UNDER 2's! (I picked infants)

I have had bad luck with them, although I thoroughly enjoyed my own kids, and neices and godson at that age.

Second would be SA'ers, but I have had a few that were just awesome. I think it depends on the kid there.
My3cents 10:25 AM 02-07-2013
I put school age. They are hard to keep entertained and become bored very easy.

I have to say the 2, 2 and a half crowd can be challenging. They want to do more but don't have the skills yet or patience to be able to handle it. This all depends upon the kid.
DaisyMamma 04:55 PM 02-07-2013
I voted 4 year olds. They don't fit in well here. I've had two that didn't last long. They are bored and ready for school so they act crazy and are loud ALL DAY LONG. Most of them don't nap. They are incredibly annoying with the tattling.
greentea78 05:54 PM 02-07-2013
School age. The last time I was licensed I had horrible school kids. They were defiant and rude. I had 5 school age kids at different times and ended up terming all of them due to behavior issues. They were from three different families and they had parents who refused to believe their behavior was as bad as it was. After that I kept my kids under five. Once I open again, I will accept kids up to 5, but would prefer to keep it under 4.
Tags:age - least favorite, poll
Reply Up