Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Else Get Immensely Stressed If They Have To Leave The House
crazydaycarelady 07:58 AM 04-23-2015
I broke a tooth and the only appointment available was at 3:00, right when the kids get up, have snack etc. My assistant couldn't be here yesterday so I got 2 other subs (hubby and mom.) They are rarely here though and don't know the kids well.

So. much. preparation.

Notify all parents. Tell FP lady since I am expecting a visit. Do lunch early so I can put the kids down early so they would be up early and I could get them all changed before I left. snack prepared, list made of who is getting picked up when, what baby is still napping, who will need what, etc. Get myself ready, already nervous because it's a broken tooth.

Get to the dentist, fret whole time hoping all is well at home, drive home as fast as I can and............everything was fine.
Martha Stewart 08:01 AM 04-23-2015
Yes. This was me. It led to me actually neglecting to do things for myself - like preventative dental - because it was so stressful.
crazydaycarelady 08:05 AM 04-23-2015
That is actually where I am at now! I do take Fridays off in the summer BUT the dentist isn't open on Fridays.
permanentvacation 08:26 AM 04-23-2015
That's why I made sure to use my substitute at least twice per week even though I didn't need to. I would have her here different hours of the day each time so she learned how to do every aspect of the job. And so she would be here some days in the morning at drop off time to meet the parents and at night at pick up time to meet the parents. By having her here on a consistent basis, sometimes with me and sometimes without me, it got the kids to be comfortable with her, got the parents comfortable with her, and I when I truly needed to have her here, I felt confident that she could handle the job.
Thriftylady 09:33 AM 04-23-2015
I have always felt that way when I had a sub. I think for me it is a control thing though lol.
Annalee 09:40 AM 04-23-2015
Yes! I do not worry about subs working with the children in my care as much as what branch of the state may come in and expect. There are too many inconsistencies and too many different departments that do not clarify what they expect. I am rarely gone and that is why I set my contract up so stiff so I have days to help with my appointments and ample time off for vacation, etc. I do not want to worry while I am on vacation.
Mom o Col 10:07 AM 04-23-2015
I get totally stressed about needing to leave.
daycare 10:38 AM 04-23-2015
I used to, but I have faith trust and confidence in my assts that I don't any more.

I have spent years, hours training them how to do this job and all4 of them recently proved to me that they can do it flawlessly when I wnded up in the hospital 3 weeks ago.

We can't control everything. We have to learn to accept that no matter what accidents will happen if we are there or not.

The only thing we can do is spend money and time to properly train our staff and have full confidence they can run the show with success in our absence.

The only way to do this is have them there when you are working and monitor their work skills and ethic. In doing this. It will give you peace of mind that they will perform when you are gone. That and 12 cameras. Lmao !!!!
melilley 10:46 AM 04-23-2015
Sometimes, but it's all me!
My sis comes when I have appointments and every time, I do the same, rush to get lunch done, diapers changed, cots out, etc... But when she gets here, she's so relaxed about it and says she'll do it, and tells me to just GO...lol
BumbleBee 04:09 PM 04-23-2015
Yes. I've gotten better about it but I still stress.
DaveA 04:53 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Yes. I've gotten better about it but I still stress.
This is me to a T. I used to be horrendous. Now I'm just a pain before I leave them with a sub.
DaisyMamma 11:37 AM 04-28-2015
I actually just get stressed in general when having to leave the house. It could be night time, Saturday, whatever. It's a side effect of working from home.
Reply Up