Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Need Advice....
JJPlaycare 08:46 AM 09-05-2012
I started a little girl who turned 1 June 1st. She was home with a nanny who has an 18 month old of her own and then the daycare girl has a 3 year old brother. She has never been in daycare, she started hereTuesday. Her mom informed me that she has been having some seperation anxiety, thought no big deal the usual for her age. Well we are on day 2..... I only have 3 daycare kiddos and then I have 3 kids of my own. I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old daycare kiddo along with the 1 year old. I have a 20 month old son and then a 5 year old daughter and a 7 year old daughter who are in school all day. She cried when her mom left and pretty much cries if I am not holding her, or if she is down if I even make the slightest movement that I am going to get up she cries so, so hard. She screams if my son comes near her or myself. I just feel so bad for her so I am looking for any advice I can get to make her adjustment easier. Poor, poor punk, please help I know its only been day 2, but she just seems so uneasy here.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:12 AM 09-05-2012
Some kidos it just takes a little more effort
Does she have a lovey? You may have to sit and play with her on your lap for a while. Hug the other kids with her in your arms. This is a big adjustment for her. She is only one. You might have a little cling on for a while but, if you can make it work, she will love you! Read her books, snuggle her when you can so when you do have to set her down you know at least she had some snuggles. Most kids do adjust within a couple of weeks.
JJPlaycare 11:08 AM 09-05-2012
No she doesn't have a lovey, she sucks her thumb to sleep. She has been napping like a champ, lays right down. We have been doing all of the above, just takes time I suppose, was just wandering if there was a trick!
countrymom 11:57 AM 09-05-2012
don't worry it wont last forever, I've been down this road.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:53 PM 09-05-2012
None that I know of. She just has to learn that she can trust you.
daycare 05:01 PM 09-05-2012
i call the first week the stray car syndrome..

if you find a stray cat, it will be timid and most likely run from you. But with patience and a hand full of food, eventually it will come to you. You have to keep trying and just really being patient. Think of creative ways to get that kitty cat to come to you.....

now as strange as that sounded apply the same thing to the child
Reply Up