Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Probation Notification-What Do You Think?
newtodaycare22 11:39 AM 02-06-2012
Does this look ok?

Notification of Probation:

Our child care contract states the following, “Parents agree to abide by the written policies in the Parent Handbook.” The following parts of the handbook have areas of concern in recent weeks:

“Please advise the daycare prior to 7:30 am if your child will not be attending daycare that day. “

“If weekly payments are not paid in full, in accordance with our agreed upon schedule, there will be a $10.00 per day late fee.”

“There is a $45.00 fee for all returned checks.**Upon a second occurrence of a returned check, all subsequent payments must be made in cash.”

The following actions need to take place over the course of the next 30 days, in order for Susie to continue attending our daycare.

1. Cash only payments (as we discussed last week via text message), made in full (in advance) every Tuesday
2. I must be made aware of any days that Susie will be arriving after 8am or not attending at all.

If either of these conditions is not met throughout the course of the next 30 days, our child care contract will be void immediately. Please let me know if you have any questions about this notification. Please know that I want Susie to stay with us. I enforce these rules to make my business run as smooth as possible and I hope that we can get things back on the right track.

Thanks
joysjustlikehome 12:11 PM 02-06-2012
What a great idea to do the probation in writing. I think it sounds great - I'm going to adopt this idea - makes your expectations known (again, I know you made them known in the contract) - do you have the parents sign a copy for your records? Have you ever had to do the probation thing before?
wdmmom 12:16 PM 02-06-2012
Perfect. I've done the written probation. After having it written out parents seem to realize that you are no longer willing to play nice and that they must follow the rules just like everyone else.

Good luck!
WImom 12:22 PM 02-06-2012
I think it sounds great. Hope everything works out.
newtodaycare22 06:16 PM 02-06-2012
Thanks. I'll let you guys know how this goes tomorrow
Tags:letter samples, notification, probation, probation - length, probation - letter
Reply Up