Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Creating a New Healthy Food Product for Children
Janice 10:21 AM 05-21-2012
Hi there!

I am a high-school student in Grade 12 that is conducting a survey for a project in Food & Nutrition Studies. It would be much appreciated if parents can take 5-10 minutes of their time to help fill this short survey!

The purpose of this survey is to determine whether a chosen snack prodcut will have a good chance of being successful in the children's marketplace. The questions are targeted towards parents of children as they generally purchase snacks for them. The results of this survey will be used to design the chosen product to best address the needs and preferences of the targeted group!

Thank yo for your cooperation! The link to the survey is below!

kwiksurveys.com?s=MNHMKO_36cbfab7
fitnessgyms 08:58 PM 02-18-2013
I know it's difficult to write surveys in ways that they work for everyone, but I struggled with your survey. Partly because i don't care about some of the factors you mentioned: for instance, I'm happy for my kids to eat half an avocado even if it has 10 gm of fat, and I'm happy for them to eat a couple of Medjool dates even if they have 20 gm of sugar. I care about them eating healthy, unprocessed whole foods, preferably organic and locally sourced. There was nowhere for me to express that preference. I was also required to pick a media source for where I find out about new food products. Well, I don't find out about them, at all, because I avoid the media where they're advertised. It was difficult for me to complete the survey without putting in random answers that weren't representative of my priorities, because my priorities weren't listed.
daycarediva 03:29 PM 02-19-2013
This is old, but you lost me at food 'product'. Kids have lots of kid-friendly FOODs. Apples, bananas, pears, grapes, kiwi, melon, etccccc. We need less of this food 'product' crap.
itlw8 05:50 AM 05-03-2013
I know this is old but I have to say baloney to packet food is the only option for working parents. simple food is easy and fast to fix
nannyde 10:42 AM 05-03-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I know this is old but I have to say baloney to packet food is the only option for working parents. simple food is easy and fast to fix
I am shocked at how popular the sucky pouch food is now. It's so expensive. You could have filet mignon for the price per ounce.
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 05-03-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I am shocked at how popular the sucky pouch food is now. It's so expensive. You could have filet mignon for the price per ounce.
Mmmm, that's what we are grilling tonight for dinner!

Wanna come over? According to mapquest, it is only 7 hours and 12 minutes straight north if you use I-35.

I agree about the pouch foods. I don't get the point of them other than convenience and I find it sad that food and feeding requirements/routines have become more about convenience than anything else over the last few years.
Country Kids 12:56 PM 05-03-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Didn't we have a thread one time tha we talked about these? I can't remember under what category it was?

I swear though you said you thought they were a good idea. Could be wrong but I thought you did. Not saying anything bad, I was just thinking you really liked them at that time and though they were a good idea.

Back then I figured they would be popular because of the "convenience".

Let me see if I'm out of my mind or if I can find it-
Reply Up