Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Oat Flour

Has anyone had experience with oat flour? Can I substitute it for regular flour? I want to use it in granola bars. TIA!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't have much experience with oat flour, but I wouldn't be afraid to use it in granola bars. As someone who can't use wheat flour (due to an allergy) I've used lots of other flours and they often require some additional substitutes to get the consistency right for baking; however, I think it would work great in granola bars.

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

The recipe I used ended up without any flour....I had seen one with flour but ended finding lots without. Thanks!

Does anyone know if it can be substituted in cookie recipes or muffins in place of wheat flour?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Alton Brown uses home made oat flour in his oatmeal cookies.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I've substituted oat flour that I ground in the blender from whole steel cut oats before and it worked great for some sweet bread I made.