Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination/Withdrawal Forms or Notices
Luvnmykidz 06:02 AM 03-13-2014
Would anyone be willing to share or give examples of what their forms look like? Is there a list that you check your reason for terming care or do you just state that you are unable to accommodate due to changes in your program? Do you require a signature? Also if a parent chooses to withdraw their children, do you have a standard form for them to fill out and sign? Thank you.
Blackcat31 06:15 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Would anyone be willing to share or give examples of what their forms look like? Is there a list that you check your reason for terming care or do you just state that you are unable to accommodate due to changes in your program? Do you require a signature? Also if a parent chooses to withdraw their children, do you have a standard form for them to fill out and sign? Thank you.
I use a withdrawal/termination form.

I require parents to fill it out, sign and date it.

I also request feedback from them.

I do not list reasons on the form as to why I am terminating care but there is space for the parent to give that info if they are withdrawing from care.

I rarely go into detail in a term letter. I keep it simple; failure to follow policies, disrespectful behavior, child not adjusting to care, unable to meet family's needs etc...

If I am terminating, there would be a conference with parents before actual termination so the parents would know the reasons why I am terminating care based on that meeting. I would give them the withdrawal form AFTERwards.
MCC 06:52 AM 03-13-2014
Every time I have termed/had a family term, I wished I had already put a form together. I usually just write something up. "as of x date, care for ______ will no longer be offered. You are paid through x date, and _____is your balance for the remaining days.

I like blackcat's idea to get feedback from them, that's a great idea.
TaylorTots 07:52 AM 03-13-2014
Date: [insert today's date]

Dear Parents:
This is to inform you that effective [insert date], childcare services provided for [insert DCK name(s)] will be terminated. Your children’s last day of childcare will be [date].

Please adhere to all termination policies in your parent handbook with regards to payment and settling of your account.

Total due by [date]: $X

Sincerely,
DCP
DCP Childcare Name

Received by:
Parent/Legal Guardian:[sign] Date: [date]

*I give them a copy and keep the signed copy*
Tags:forms, termination form, withdraw form, withdrawing from care
Reply Up