Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do With A Child Who Won't Stay In A Child's Place?
Hunni Bee 04:20 PM 10-26-2011
I know that sounds antiquated and it is, but I could think of no other way to word it.

I have a 4 year old who will be 5 in Dec. She is the oldest kid I have, and 6 months older than the next oldest, 8 months older than the next oldest girl. She's a pretty well-behaved child and very intelligent but...

...she will NOT go mind her business, which is playing with her friends.

She is constantly in my or my assistant's face, telling on someone, telling US how we should handle other children, telling us what we should do next, asking for things. She is constantly telling other children what to do. I instituted a "tattle = immediate time-out" policy with her, and that has cut down on the constant tattling, but she just seems not to be able to go handle children's business.

If I give her an instruction, I have to give it over and over...because after each one she's telling me how she would rather do it or "why don't you make ____ do it".

She's the one who, at breakfast, told one of the morning teachers "um, you need to go get his breakfast now." when another child came in.

I know we're living a brave new world and everything, but I still believe in children behaving like children and speaking respectfully to adults...

...what do you ladies think/do?
Tags:4 year old, add, hyperactive, unruly
Up